Friday, October 26, 2012

My Little Buddy Started Preschool!!!




Hi everybody!!!  My little buddy is in preschool.  Crazy.  Seriously crazy.  How did that happen???  He sure loves it.  Truly loves it.  Every day I pick him up and ask how his morning was.  He always responds with, "Great.  It was super great Mom."  My heart literally flutters to know he is having so much fun while there.  He needed it.  I needed it.  It was time.  He is so curious, intelligent, kind, and ready.  I was hesitant for a while, but he was ready.  It has been a joy to experience this adventure as his Mom.  

Our morning routine (just for the sake of remembering and looking back) looks like this...

Wake Up:  I set my alarm and begin getting ready...he either comes to snuggle in my bed while I finish or sleeps until I wake him up.  Sometimes cartoons are involved.

Pit Stop:  Go potty, get dressed, brush teeth.  (Sometimes we make it downstairs in pjs and brush teeth after breakfast...just depends on the morning.  He always comes up with a plan that sounds reasonable to me.)

Breakfast:  Toast with peanut butter, cinnamon toast, cereal, muffins, waffles, yogurt, bananas, orange juice, milk...just some of our go tos.

Little Details...leader today?  Snacks to bring?  Show and tell?  Coat?  Boots kind of day?  Anything for the car ride to school?  Any bills to mail on our way?  I forgot Show and Tell one day (already...and it's only October...oy yoy yoy)...my heart melted...and I hustled so fast to bring him something...making it just in time.  So relieved.  He said, "Thanks Mom.  Just so you know for next time, Miss Susan said if we don't have something to show, we can always Tell the class about something.  That's what Show and Tell is Mom."  Oh goodness.  Precious.  He is wise beyond his years I tell ya.

Daily Picture Session

Okay, yes, we have a picture session each preschool morning.  Before we head to school, we literally take two minutes to do a little photo session outside our front door.  I did this on the first day of school, and then it just seemed natural to continue.  I think I'm going to make a photo book for him...adding to it each month...kind of a fun memory of the year.  I'd also like to add to it pictures that his teacher takes and posts for parents on Shutterfly.  I feel like this is my chance to have a do-over.  Yes, a do-over.

I always stunk at being consistent about photo sessions when he was a babe.  My plan was to do newborn, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, and 1 year old.  That did not happen, and for quite some time, I felt horrible about that.  Every other Mom seemed to pull themselves together for this, what was wrong with me?  I ended up improvising and doing most of those photo sessions at home without appropriate backdrops and props.  Totally fun, and it was good enough...and after feeling bad about that for long enough, I realized that there is nothing wrong with good enough.  At any rate, we are all about the random fun in every day, and these morning picture sessions were easy and a fun way to capture that fun without putting pressure on myself or setting myself up for failure.  

Literally, two minutes tops.  It's a part of our routine.  Easy cheesy.

And he.  Cracks.  Me.  Up.



Okay enough Mom, let's go.



I told him to grab a leaf, and he grabbed the lone green/brown one that was rotting and looking all dried up.  Not the pretty red ones, not the yellow and orange ones.  But this leaf.  Then he posed with it, and convinced me that it was the best leaf amongst them all.  It was precious.



On this day, we had Uganda (and our newest nephew) on our minds.
Optimus Prime also decided to join us for the ride to preschool.

Sometimes I get in the pictures too.  I'd like to exist in pictures someday in looking back.  I want to remember how much fun I had with my buddy.  I want to remember that I enjoyed being a Mom, that I truly loved it, and that it was the time of my life.



On our drive to school, we see turkeys, horses, cows, lamas, and lots of beautiful farmland.  The trees are gorgeous right now, and we've been hitting patches of construction...talking about what the different construction signs say and practicing patience as we wait for the red STOP sign that the folks are holding to turn to an orange SLOW sign.  In thinking about it, I was a bit worried to have a longer ride to school (20 minutes give or take), but it has turned into the joy of my morning, along with an awesome opportunity to listen to my Bible study materials through Audible as I make my way back home.

Alright, I think that's it.  Tootaloo for now.  I might post some more...I have a moment...and I miss it...and it's easy to email pictures into a draft post with my iPhone.  Yay for an iPhone...although I probably use it too much.  I now can take better pictures...because my husband got the newest version of the iPhone...and I got his old version...which was a newer version for me.  I feel lucky to have a phone at all I guess.  It's just neat.

And, you are probably thinking, "Who are you?" because you haven't seen me posting consistently for like, ever.  Sorry for that.  Let me introduce myself again.  Hiya.  I'm Holly.  I like to post about lots of reasons I shout and sing, "Hallelujah!"  Sometimes I am able to post a lot.  Sometimes I am not.  It happens.  Life is full.  Lots of ups and downs.  So thankful for every moment.  Hope you can find lots of reasons to be thankful too!  Thanks for sticking around.

And super big thanks to those of you that have checked in off and on and offered me encouragement during what seems to have been a bloggy break for me.  You are the sweetest of sweets.  Sometimes without you even knowing it, you offered a sweet little note of encouragement/kindness just when I needed it most.  You made my heart smile.  You were/are genuine and thoughtful.  I think you know who you are, and I just wanted to say thank you!

Cheers!  Blessings to you all!

Big hugs and love,
Holly

2 comments:

  1. So happy to see you my friend. Your little guys is growing into such a big boy. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to see your terrific post ... I've missed hearing from your heart! Great snapshots ... a cutie-patootie and his momma! Blessings on you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails