Thursday, August 30, 2012

Deep Sorrow and the Greatest of Joys

 

My buddy and I on a train ride in Fargo recently.
Yes, Fargo.  Yeah, sure, you betcha.

Hi all...it's been forever since I've blogged.  Or at least it seems that way.  Life has been full.  This week has been especially full...with deep sorrow of losing a family member to cancer (way too young with a beautiful family) and lots of other joy and surprises and answers to prayer.  I pray the good stuff will play out sweetly...only time will tell.

Just the other day, I wrote as my facebook status...

Trying to soak in the beauty of today. There is joy in every little moment.  It's actually amazing how the deepest sorrow can coincide with the greatest of joys.  I am overwhelmed. Thankful for the hope and promise we have in Jesus Christ and the blessings of today.

So much to ponder this week.

I pray wherever you are, there is a peace and comfort in your heart from the One who gives it so freely.

Big hugs tonight,

Holly

5 comments:

  1. Those are deep thoughts, and indeed it is important to stop and think about little things we take for granted and big things that cut deep into our souls. Cancer... what an ugly word and an ugly disease. It has no respect; it took my sweet mom 2 years ago. My heart breaks for your family, Holly. But know this... someday (soon, I hope!) we will all be saying Hallelujah around the throne! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your family member. I'll be praying for you all. Have a great weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW....can I find you on FB? Do you mind?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I highly recommend that you try Qi Gong for the physical ailments you describe. Takes about twenty minutes a day of easy-ish movements. I could tell you many personal stories of improvement of different physical problems after praciticing Qi Gong. I could send you the video of the style that I do, but there are now classes/ videos/ teachers everywhere. I should add, chocolate is probably not the best food for arthritis condition. Best Regards, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I've left a comment for you earlier on this post... I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of ya; hope you are feeling WELL and are blessed! jules

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails