Sunday, May 13, 2012

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY and I'm Letting Go by Francesca Battistelli

Just in case there is still even one of you out there that might care to read a HALLELUJAH (Hi Mom!), thought I would come out of my bloggy break for a little celebration of Moms!  Totally worth it...if even just a quick little post!  (FYizzle, life around here has been full and filled with crazy fun, arthritis ouchies, babysitting, playing in the sun, eating more vegetarian like, helping Coop practice his letters, visiting preschool, singing at church, playing superheros and nerf guns, and hardly having a moment to sit at the computer...even to write my dearest Julie Poo in Germany...and sausage fingers can only write so much on my phone for Pete's sake.  Woo!  Hence, the bloggy break as of late.  But looking ahead, I might get a laptop in the next few months, which could be huge for me...like bigtime huge...so maybe blogging will make a comeback...for all of you who still might want to read some HALLELUJAHS...again...Hi Mom!)

Today I am shouting out a big ol' fatty HALLELUJAH for my Mama!  I love you Mom, and I'm so thankful that I grew up to find out that not only did I have a Mom to thank God for every day, but a dear friend that I couldn't imagine being without.  Thank you for your love, friendship, and such a special example of being a sacrificial, loving, intentional, and responsible Mama.  All that you've given in mothering us is cherished and will live in us forever.

And to Kathy, dear mother gained in marrying my love (score double for me!), thank you for loving your son as a loving and gracious Mama.  I am so thankful for the man you raised, and for the woman that you are.  Thank you for loving me as one of your own.  I'm so thankful for your love and support, and the beautiful example of mothering you have also set.

Cooper is so stinkin' blessed to have a G-Mama and Nana who love him so.  What a special gift!


I am incredibly thankful for these two dudes.  They both helped make me a Mama, and it has been the best gift I have ever received.  I couldn't imagine a life that didn't include being Mommy to my little Super Buddy.  He is literally the greatest physical joy and blessing that God has blessed our lives with in becoming a family.  He fills my days with childhood joy.  I treasure it.

Here's to hoping you are able to celebrate today and feel the love and joy in your soul that only God can give you.  I am finding more and more, that if I try to live in my own strength...my own plans, my own focus, my own wants and desires...the more peace comes in letting go and handing it to Him.

Find JOY today, wherever you are.  Let it sink in.

...even if the huge clock that is supposed to hang above the secretary desk (behind me in the picture below...above that orchid) fell off it's hook and bigtime shattered all over the top of that secretary desk, as well as the kitchen floor.  Seriously.  Life goes on.  It's good stuff.  Thankful it's not about all our broken stuff...and our broken issues...but rather the hope we have in Him...even in our brokenness.


Random I know, but true story.

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there...especially those that are hopeful Mamas.  I'm praying for you and with you...praying God would plant a sweet little miracle in me too!

Have a listen...

I'M LETTING GO by Francesca Battistelli
from the album My Paper Heart

All my love and big bloggy hugs,

 

3 comments:

  1. I really love your blog. Maybe you are agree following each other?! :)

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Holly!!! I'm dropping by to let you know that your mom isn't the ONLY person that reads all of your thoughts. Wait, that came out wrong... I'm sure that your mom and I can't really READ YOUR THOUGHTS... Goodness... how about read your blog? You are an amazing woman! Have a wonderful June and I can't wait to read more of ... your thoughts. (Insert wicked laugh here) xoxo Jules

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails