Monday, January 2, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR...and Auf Wiedersehen!

. . . . .

* HAPPY NEW YEAR HAPPY NEW YEAHAPPY NEW YEAR *
. . . .  

Wishing you and yours the most wonderful start to a new year.  I'm not one for making resolutions, but I am still working toward some of THESE GOALS that I shared last year.  When the dreary Washington winter eases up, I hope to share some of the progress that I've made this year with you...slowly but surely people.

In the mean time, I thought I'd share some fun we had on New Year's Eve with our good buds (minus a picture of our friend's sweet boy...Little Buddy W...I'm not sure how I missed getting a photo of you!).  I found a few dress up bits and pieces that I'd been saving since college and printed a few props from HERE and HERE.  Just like that, we had ourselves a good time waiting to happen.  The photos are a bit grainy due to the fact that our flash is broken and not working properly and because it was way late in our house with poor lighting and photographer know how.  Oh well.  I'm over it.  :)  How can I care about perfection when we were just enjoying ourselves a kick back and relax kinda evening.  It was fabulous.



This was one of the first times we had folks over during and after Coop's bedtime.  Bedtime has been a bit of a struggle lately for the Coopster, but with a few checkins, he was asleep and stayed asleep while we enjoyed some intense games of Bananagrams, took some pictures, and baffled ourselves while watching a couple episodes of Moonshiners (...someone's name is actually Tickles...?!?!).  It was like a car accident.  We couldn't look away.  I know what you are thinking, and I know.  It's true.  We sure know how to party.
. . . . .

 * AUF  WIEDERSEHEN
. . . . .

We are preparing to say auf wiedersehen (or in the words of the Von Trapp family...adieu, adieu to you and you and you...it feels a little less real when I'm saying goodbye in German...any other German versions of goodbye out there?) to our dearest of dears as they prepare to head to Germany for a three year commitment to Youth Compass...an amazing organization (similar to Younglife) that focuses on supporting, encouraging, and sharing the love of Christ with international teens.  I can't express how thankful I am for the time we've had with them here.  My faith has grown and been strengthened because of their presence in my life, and I've witnessed so tangibly how God can blow me away with a much needed friendship when I'm least expecting it.  


Making girlfriends isn't easy for me, but when I met Julie...it was like God knit our friendship together into the coolest scarf you've ever seen...and how much do we all love scarves?!...or at least Julie and I do.  Such a welcome surprise and a total answer to prayer for me.  They have both been amazing people to share life with over the course of a couple years (such a special treat when your husband click's with your girlfriend's husband) and very much a huge part of our adventure in faith both as individuals and as a couple.


I am forever thankful for His mighty hand and provision of Julie's friendship in my life...and oh how I look forward to being an old fogey with a friend like Julie.  


By the way, doesn't she look like Disney's Snow White...but better?  Beautiful inside and out friend.
Two words that have become a regular part of my venacular because of this great gal.  
I will continue to BOOM and BAM in honor of you friend.

It is not lost on me that I found a friend who enjoys meticulous details as much as, or possibly even more, than me.  It makes my heart sing.  I will cut out wrongfully sized CD covers and paper glasses with you anytime my dear.  You just call out my name, and you know that wherever I am, I'll come running...with a pink wig on my head.  :)



Julie-poo, our friendship has been easy, thoughtful, joy-filled, encouraging, goofy, genuine, deep, and laugh out loud fun.  There is a comfort between us...in saying nothing and in saying everything.  Everything we do is more fun because you are there.  I will miss you greatly as you venture off to Europe and blow Germany away with your awesomeness.  Those teens are in for the treat of their lives to have you and Bricers in their lives...loving them, serving them and with them, and sharing how to be so gosh darn amazing people with them.  I'm not sure if any of them will have the opportunity to sort and stack food at the Food Bank like rock stars with you or have mad dance parties backstage during worship time at church, but they'll certainly have their socks knocked right off by how easy it is to love you!

Now it's time to snap to it and get to saving pennies so we can visit...weinerschnitzel here I come!  Love you friends...and that's forever friends for scheezy...like the kind that love you more than food...really...you know what I mean.


Here's a little proof that our husbands stepped away from Bananagrams just long enough to humor us!

Blessings to you J, B, and W as you begin a new adventure in Germany...

and to all of you as you begin anew and live your life to its fullest!

With much love,


2 comments:

  1. Too fun ... and a delightful tribute to your sweet friendship and God's goodness! How special it will be for you to see how tightly knit your hearts continue to be ... even across the deep blue sea!

    Blessings ... and thanks for putting a smile on my face with your costumes! Makes me want to try something like this with the kids....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will have to "bookmark" this blog post and read it every single time I feel lonely in Deutschland! I love you so. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails