Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Lunchtime Letters


Cooper and I like to practice letters at lunchtime...and sometimes even during breakfast.  Such over achievers, I know.  :)  I found a good way to remind myself to bust out the flashcards was to keep them right on the table in a cute little glass vase.  If I need to clear the table for dinner or for having folks over, it's easy enough to move right out of the way.

Little buddy loves it.  Sometimes he even likes to quiz me.  I have to say, I usually get 100% correct.  :)  Lately, he gets a little mixed up with Bb's and Dd's, as well as the Mm's and Nn's.  I don't blame him.  But after a moment of thinking, he gets a kick out of correcting himself.  So great to watch the process of learning.  His cute little facial expressions, like his scrunched up nose when he's not sure or he's thinking, sure don't hurt either.

Good times.  Love seeing his little sponge soak it all up!

How do you practice such things with your wee ones?

Blessings on your day,


1 comment:

  1. love that it's just a part of your routine! And your table decor! I'm certain that if we had cards out on a regular basis we would use them, too. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails