Wednesday, October 19, 2011

OOFDUH!!! My heart stirring shouldn't leave you feeling heavy and burdened! My apologies...

So on Tuesday, you read HERE all that is stirring in my heart.  I didn't intend to be a Debbie Downer, but after sitting on it a couple days, I am thinking, "Oofduh!  Was I spirit squelcher, leaving you feeling heavy and burdened?"

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .   OOFDUH  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I am in awe of those of you that can put into words so eloquently what you are thinking...making us all laugh, cry, think, and ponder.  It is such a gift.  My friend Mrs. Bee has this gift.  It's amazing.  You feel so normal when reading her stories, like she could be your next door neighbor or your best friend.  Not only does she inspire us with some real, serious stuff...but in the same breath she will mention all the things that make her life so imperfectly wonderful...poking fun at herself, bathroom humor, family tidbits, messes, and crazy food adventures...all the things that so easily connect us all as Moms.  And again, over at Snapshots, Morgan shares her heart so eloquently.  She has such a gift for connecting her heart stirring moments to scripture and creating a beautiful learning moment...not only for herself, but also her readers.  I feel so connected with her as a Mom, as the love for her kids is so evident.  And for kicks and giggles, she throws in awesome parenting experiences and yummy recipes.  Great blog to keep up with.  The gift of writing is so powerful.  It can turn a negative into a positive and turn a struggle into a hopeful journey.  I applaud these women and am so thankful to have connected with them.  What a blessing.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

And then I share here at Hallelujahs.  The gift of writing is not mine.  It's more of a creative outlet for me.  I try to share the good stuff...the random fun - the ups and downs - and joy that every day brings.  There are so many opportunities in a day to be thankful.  Little moments...like waking up and being able to hop out of bed because your body is working (HERE and HERE)...turning on a warm shower to get your muscles moving and wake you up...turning on the faucet for fresh water to cook and clean with...staring into the beautiful eyes of your little buddy, full of relief that I know there is food in the fridge to feed his hungry belly.  And the big moments...going on family adventures to the pumpkin patch (HERE)...enjoying fresh fallen snow together (HERE)...soaking in a trip to the farm (HERE)...or the awesome dance parties my husband DJs around here in the evenings and on weekends.  Those are the moments that create an overwhelming sense of gratitude for me.  I don't have enough time in the day to share all of the moments that make me shout, "Hallelujah!"  I am in constant awe of God...for what he's done for me, for us all, and the never-ending grace, forgiveness, and peace he provides when I continually fall short as a human being.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

So anyhow, this brings me back to TUESDAY'S POST.  I stand by my words, as it is truly what's been on my heart, but I can't help but feel like I owe you an apology for possibly leaving you with a heavy or burdened heart.  I in no way was trying to be a spirit squelcher, or put anyone down in any way.  It takes a lot of love and energy to create homes that are beautiful, inspiring, resourceful, and running smoothly.  We all know that it is not about the "stuff."  Our world is saturated with images and expectations that challenge that very statement though.  It's a constant battle.


We all strive to do the best with what we are given, and there is no doubt that that in and of itself prepares young hearts and families to be the hands and feet of God.  We are all called to different purposes...as He wires us all differently for that very reason.  I still feel like I am SO over all the comparing and accumulating, and that has been a journey all on its own.  It took a while to get here, but I'm here.  And even though I've arrived at this destination, the journey isn't over.  I am still learning, growing, and changing, figuring out how God has wired me to make my life count for him.  My hope is that I can share a little here, shine His light with you...doing the best with what I've been given to encourage and inspire.  Love this scripture in Matthew.

You are the light of the world. 
A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.  
Neither do people light a lamp and 
put it under a bowl. Instead they put it 
on its stand, and it gives light to everyone 
in the house.  In the same way, let your 
light shine before others, that they may see your 
good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
-
Matthew 5: 14-16


I'm not perfect, nor will my writing ever be.  Even so, I hope to share His light by sharing my Hallelujahs, my heartfelt gratitude for the beautiful moments and everyday adventures, and a few little heart stirrings in between. Thank you so much for the sweet comments, words of encouragement, and grace you show me every day in reading this blog.  It's such a joy and fills my cup.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I will leave you with a couple verses that so strongly define who I am, and where this blog stems from.


For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, 
that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, 
but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not 
condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already 
because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only 
Son. This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people 
loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 
Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into 
the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. But whoever 
lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen 
plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.
-
Johns 3: 16-21


As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 
in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this 
world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who
 is now at work in those who are disobedient. All of us also 
lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our 
flesh and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we 
were by nature deserving of wrath. But because of his great love 
for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even 
when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have 
been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us 
with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in 
the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his 
grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. For it is 
by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not 
from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no 
one can boast. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ 
Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
-
Ephesians 2: 1-10

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Thanks for sticking with me!  I send you my biggest bloggy hugs.  Sorry, I can't help it.  I'm a hugger.  Are you?

Blessings on your day,





1 comment:

  1. Sweet Holly ... you bless me! What a delightful surprise to read through your post today and see me?!?! I feel a little lost for words (which is saying a lot for this little wordy lady) but know that your encouragement and validation means the world to me!

    And as for your blog ... I love to stop by for a lovely glimpse of your tender heart and gentle spirit. Your positive outlook on life in spite of the tough trials of your health issues is an inspiration. That and your boy is super cute!! :)

    Hugs to you, too! and bountiful blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails