Friday, October 28, 2011

COLOSSIANS 3...Setting my heart on things above, and clothing myself with love.



 *  *  *  *  *  *  *   *  *  *  *  *  *  *   *  *  *  *  *  *  
Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, 
set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, 
seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds 
on things above, not on earthly things. 
-
COLOSSIANS 3: 1-2
*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *   *  *  *  *  *  *  *   *  *  *  *  *  *  

Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, 
clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, 
gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and
forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against
someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.  And over all 
these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in 
perfect unity.  Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, 
since as members of one body you were called to peace. 
And be thankful. Let the message of Christ dwell among 
you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all 
wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, 
singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever 
you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the 
Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
-
COLOSSIANS 3: 12 - 17

 *  *  *  *  *  *  *   *  *  *  *  *  *  *   *  *  *  *  *  *  

God, I pray you focus my heart on you and get rid of the distractions.  
I pray you remind me daily of your free gift of grace. Please 
give me the humility to share that grace with others ever so freely.  
I pray your peace, love, and patience would humble me and that I will clothe 
myself daily with the kind of kindness and compassion that only you could
bear in me.  God please keep my heart clearly focused in exalting you 
as I sing and praise your name, and may I continually be grateful for 
what you've done and continue to do for me.  Lord, I praise you for who 
you are, for your gift of everlasting life, and for the consequence of sin you 
bore on my behalf.  Heavenly Father, thank you for your mercy.  I love you.

In Jesus name I pray, amen.

May you be blessed today.  I pray you find time to meet with your Savior.

Big hugs,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails