Thursday, September 29, 2011

How We Spent A Rainy Monday

If you'll remember from THIS post, we like to stay in our pjs and have some fun on a rainy day.  So lately it's been rainy...and windy...and stormy...after our two days of summer in Washington state.  Granted, the afternoons are quite sunny, and in some cases kind of humid, but the wet days abound.  And you know what?  I'm loving it!  Seems kind of crazy to some folks, but I just love all that fall entails...even if it means a few rainy Mondays.

Here's how we spent this past Monday on account of the rain.  It was splendid.  Oh, and please accept my apologies for terribly cruddy photos.  We still had a good time.

Cooper literally attacks his cereal in the mornings.
It's hilarious and awesome.


He was asking for a little privacy.

Then Cooper built a house out of couch cushions.  
He also ran and grabbed the tripod.
He loves a good photoshoot.


You can see some of what I'd like to address in the house in the photos above.  
I've got lots of work to do...I don't think I even need to spell it out for you.

Then we moved our photo shoot to the stairs,
where Cooper had fun hurling stuffed animals down.
He thought it was amazing.

You can also see some paint samples on the wall.
I chose the top grey/beige sample...
and we have a long way to go with paint!


I thought the raindrops were just beautiful on the deck.
Some leaves have begun to fall too.
Can't wait for the red, orange, and yellow ones to come.


Cooper grabbed the camera for this BBQ shot.  
I thought it was awesome.
Totally captured the mood of the day.


Then Coop ate some lunch in his new house.
He wanted half pbj and half just jelly.


On the subject of food, Cooper is cracking us up lately.  He's always said the darnedest things, but there have been so many hilarious remarks and responses coming out of this boys' mouth...especially when it comes to food.  Just this past Sunday, Nancy (our pastor's wife who helps with the wee ones on Sunday) told us they were asking the kids if they could think of something that God made.  Cooper's answer, "Mac and cheese."  He is obsessed with it.  At least it's often THIS kind.  So tasty.  On a more healthy note, he also does a very good Stevie Wonder impression when he's eating broccoli and zucchini with rice...waving his head, closing his eyes...saying with gusto, "Mmm, that's delicious."  He jumps for joy if we happen to order out and get Panda Express Sweetfire Chicken Breast or "noodles and rice and chicken without the red things" as he likes to call it.  And today, I gave him a couple chocolate covered almonds, and he quickly raised his hands in the air and shouted, "Hooray for chocolate."  I'm telling you, sometimes I just sit and stare at him while he's eating or trying something for the first time.  It sustains me.  The best.

I feel so fortunate to have the ability to feed my son and provide him with nourishment.  How I ache for the mothers in this world who are not afforded this opportunity.  My how we all have so much to be thankful for on a daily basis.  I pray I remember this daily, and treasure these moments dearly.

I hope you are having fun in the rain...or in the sun if you are so fortunate!
Many blessings,



3 comments:

  1. Oh how I just LOVED this update. So glad all are healthy and happy these days. It is great that you're embracing the rain because there is a lot of it to embrace. Thinking of you, hoping we get to skype soon.

    Love,
    k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly & Karin, maybe the fam should have a joint birthday party for the munchkins this year??? Would be a good time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails