Thursday, September 8, 2011

Filled With Joy...Feel Like I'm Starting From Scratch

FOUND ON PINTEREST

This kind of sums up the last week or so for me.  I am filled to the brim with joy...and just so stinkin' excited.  Life seems so ordinary, busy, hopeful, and full.  Just loving it.  

Since taking my medicine, my arthritis has been kicked to the curb, and my body has made room for joy!  Lots of joy!  It might be hard to imagine if you've never experienced a constant, devastating pain, but arthritis had a tight hold on me down in the pits.  I tried to stay positive and share positive and faith filled posts, and my head was totally there.  But my body, oh my body...was down in the dumps.  I felt despair, depression, frustration, helplessness, loneliness, overwhelmed, and unable...not to mention the pain.  That darn pain was just a constant level of spirit squelching.  

My body is slowly being reprogrammed.  I wake up and step out of bed...every once and a while still expecting pain.  But it's not there.  I can take a shower, and get dressed in a much more timely manner.  I go to my little buddy's bed in the morning and I am not dragging myself...nor do I have to tell him to be careful as he jumps onto my lap and snuggles in my arms.  It doesn't hurt.  I can carry him up and down the stairs...it's magical to feel his squeezes...not wince inducing.  Gloriousness.  

Little trips out of the house aren't quite as taxing.  Going to the grocery store does not feel like an overwhelming task, putting the groceries away when I get home is no longer just "too much," and a journey to Value Village or the Goodwill is once again a treasure hunting adventure instead of a "I wonder how long I'll last," chancy outing.  I feel alive.

On top of it all, my house is once again feeling like a clean slate in this adventure in making it our home.  I have been cleaning and organizing cupboards, bins, and shelves.  Our garage got a little cleaning and reorganizing over Labor Day weekend with the help of my Hubbs, and I got a chance to get started on some projects that have been sitting in there since last fall.  It feels amazing to be productive and motivated to accomplish things I've got swirling around in my head.  I feel so filled with hope and joy and motivation.  It is a welcome feeling...one I struggle to remember...it's been that long.  It's almost like I'm starting from scratch.  I'd have to say, it's a bit of a messy process...but I am loving every step, every pile being cleared, every mess being sorted through, and every dustball being vacuumed up!  Hallelujah!

Hope you are finding many things that fill you with JOY today!
Many blessings,


1 comment:

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails