Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Day at Mt. Rainier

We sure are so very fortunate to live near such a beautiful mountain.  Some folks grow up their whole lives never getting to experience the awesome majesty of mountains or the endless deep blue of the oceans.  Living in the Pacific Northwest, I feel so privileged to enjoy and experience such delights.



Recently, we spent the day at Mt. Rainier, part of the Cascade Mountain Range) and soaked up the last bits of summer weather around here.  The Hubbs has been wanting to go to the mountain all summer, but my arthritis has been deterring us for most of the available sunny weekend days.  Thankfully for him, on this day my physical ability, an open weekend, and glorious sunny skies all coincided.  God seems to speak to my husband through Creation.  He needed this day.  We took it all in...one foothill, one wild flower, one waterfall and bridge, one humungous tree at a time.  It was lovely.







Just couldn't keep those eyelids open one more second!




Thanks for coming Nana.  We were so happy to have you join us for this adventure.



Hurling snow.


Hurling rocks.


Grove of the Patriarchs



God blows us away with his power and grace.  
So thankful we got to experience just a little bit on this day!


Blessings to you,



3 comments:

  1. your photos are amazing, Holly. I'm glad you are feeling better and were able to get out enjoy all of nature's beauty. thanks for sharing your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am glad you shared about you trip to "the Mountain." Love the photos and reading about the day.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my blog is new. Please, take a look.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails