Friday, June 10, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend on Hood Canal

We had a fun little family get away courtesy of B's parents, and their most generous friend, who invited us to stay in her beautiful house on Hood Canal for Memorial Day Weekend.  We enjoyed hanging out with dear family from Minnesota we don't often get to see, playing in the sand, the beautiful scenery, eating delicioius food (thanks Nana!), and just taking it easy.  The Strawberry Spinach Salad was in attendance, as was some good times for all!

Hope you enjoy a little glimpse into our weekend away!

WARNING:  I paid NO attention to my ISO settings, so some of the pictures are a little grainy.  Also, I wasn't paying close enough attention to my focus settings, so some of the dear sweet faces I meant to capture are a little blurry.  Some photographer I am.  :)





The boy could have dug in the sand for days!




Cute buns digging for clams.


 


Having a good time being silly.




Nana was an expert clam digger...
one hand holding her cup of coffee 
and one hand digging for treasure.


Nothing like digging and flinging sand with your cousin.

Look how much they've grown!



Spontaneous family pictures.
Cooper busted out in song and smiles.
Pretty funny dude.


Nana got some new TOMS for summer...pretty cute!


Nothing beats a fun day of clam digging like a good cup of hot chocolate...
and whip cream mustaches of course.



So precious to hear these two boys playing and talking to each other.  
I seriously heard these words consistently...

Sure.
That's a great idea.
Here ya go.
Want one?
Giggles.
Let's play.

The cutest...so fun to watch them together.


When the sun came out, baseball was our sport.
Cooper's idea of baseball seemed to be swinging the bat,
running around the bases (or just running around like crazy whether he hit the ball or not),
and doing a little dance/pose.

All the boys had so much fun!




These two must have shared some really great secrets.
They were caught giggling uncontrollably on several occasions.






Sometimes I resort to tickle time to get a smile out of this boy.



In attempting s'mores, the wind found us and started thwarting our efforts.


Cooper was cautious of the fire pit...and tended to steer clear.


In the end, neither wind nor rain stopped our s'mores from being made!

 







And boy were they good!



Nana was spoiled by time with her two sweet boys, and they loved
every moment she so generously gave to them...and might I add
to us as parents...felt like we got a break from parenting for days!


Thanks to our family for a fun weekend away.
Love you all!



6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful time you guys had! I loved looking at all the pictures and all the beautiful smiling faces! I love family time like that!

    How are you feeling these days? I've been thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous photos! It looks like you had a wonderful time. I have never seen clams by the water like that, we only have oysters here! I just loved all your collages and the roasted marshmellows looked delicious,just what we need for our cold winter nights here. Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous vacation spot/family/.....smores made my mouth water! We are doing family things this weekend....but it's in the 90's in FL....Lyndaoflakeland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOve. LOve. Loving all the amazing photos Holly:)

    xoxoxo Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your pictures, Holly!! It looks like you all had so much fun together! I love seeing the two little cousins playing with each other. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun pictures and memories! Now I'm craving smores! :} Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails