Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day Snapshots

Hi all!  Hoping you experienced a wonderful weekend!  We had a full three days enjoying Meeker Days, a Mariner's game (my husband with his Dad), breaking in our BBQ, and having family over to celebrate Father's Day...sooo relaxed and filled with goodness.  Here are a few glimpses into what went into our mouths on Sunday.



KALE CHIPS ... first time ever tasting these.  We all experimented with them a bit.  When I first bit into one, it had the smell and slight taste of opening a bag of BBQ chips.  No joke.  Crazy.  In my mouth, they had a kind of very light and airy crunch.  While I was glad to try them, as I've been wondering about Kale Chips for a while now, I'm not sure I'd like to sit down to a whole bowl of them.  Maybe it was just this recipe or this particular bunch of kale.  Thanks Mom for trying new things! (RECIPE HERE)  I bet you could go to town flavoring these things with whatever you wanted.  Smitten Kitchen has a good idea for Kale Chips HERE...try sprinkling them on popcorn!  I bet it would be tasty.  And, Kalyn's Kitchen has rounded up a few folks who have blogged about their version of Kale Chips too.  How neat!



VEGGIE KABABS, beautiful TOMATOES that tasted more like candy, and the beginnings of STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD.  We also enjoyed BBQ Kalbi Marinated Chicken, Lemon Pepper Shrimp, roasted golden potatoes and yams, and beautiful berries - strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries.

It was a day filled with yum...along with our precious parents and my sister that came to join us.  We shared laughs and stories and just enjoyed a relaxing evening together.  Can you believe I didn't get one picture of people?  Well, I managed to get one of the Coopster before church.  B went to church on Father's Day and helped out in Coop's classroom.  What a Daddy!


Once everyone got to our house, we just hung out and chatted and prepared food and cooked and played outside.  I usually am all up in everything's business taking pictures, but not this time.  I guess I was too busy having fun to take pictures I guess.  Oh and last but not least...


My Mama brought Vegan Peanut Butter Cups for us all to try via The Kind Diet.  They were AMAZING!!!  Every single one of us skeptically took a bite with a look of concern and fret, and as soon as we put the spoon in our mouth and tasted ooey gooey goodness, our facial expressions were immediately that of surprise, delight, joy, and amazement!  These vegan peanut butter cups are absolutely delicioius!  Booyah!  And I'm not talking about Cooper's Horse named Booyah people!  They didn't quite firm up like the picture on The Kind Life Website, so we scooped them out with spoons.  So incredibly yummy.  We ate them as is and also spooned them over our ice cream for dessert...all completely in love with the flavor!  Thanks again Mom for bringing these delicious experiments.

Happy Monday to you dear friends.  I started my medicine up again yesterday.  I am feeling a bit of pain relief today, and it is a welcome, welcome thing!  Hallelujah!

Bless you and your day,



1 comment:

  1. I've been hearing about Kale chips...may have to give these a try sometime!

    Those peanut butter cups look good too! Yay for moms and making yummy things!

    Glad you all had a great Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails