Monday, June 20, 2011

Breaking in the New BBQ!!!


Our BBQ bit the dust at the end of last year, so it was high time we got a new one.  Weather around here has been a bit on the BLEH!!! side for quite some time, so it hasn't quite felt like summer much.  We're hoping this goliath piece of BBQ awesomeness will last our family a long time...grilling our food to perfection each and every time we open that mammoth lid.  Oh how I long for beautiful summer days when cooking dinner means checking on the BBQ a couple times as opposed to standing over the stove constantly.  Less mess too, no fuss.  Glorious.  It is a welcome dose of summer...even if the weather is not cooperating!  We literally had to wipe that sucker down a couple times before covering it for the evening.  Anyhow, our first meal on the BBQ was...


ALASKAN KING SALMON AND GRILLED ONIONS
FROM TACOMA BOYS...YAY FOR ALASKAN KING SALMON BEING IN SEASON!




STEAMED BROCCOLI AND CRISP, JUICY GRAPES
ALSO FROM TACOMA BOYS


And, might I add...it all made for one lovely meal!


Then after we cleaned up a bit...Cooper ran to the office, grabbed the camera remote and camera tripod (free from my brother...thanks Bro!), and asked for picture time.  How could we resist?  Maybe I should have though...as I did not do my hair or make up, nor did I get dressed for real...you know, like legit clothes you would wear out and about...and this was after dinner...like...evening people.  Oops.


This one cracks me up.  My husband's reflection is kinda creepy looking in the background on the sliding glass door (counting down the camera timer for me...hence he is not holding up any fingers), I am behind Cooper with a silly face...ready for the click, and Cooper comes running in front of me and the camera just as the camera takes the picture wondering...why hasn't it taken the picture yet?  I love picture time with Cooper!



Next up...Father's Day BBQ at our house.  Looking forward to it!

Blessings,

1 comment:

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails