Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tooth Fairy Proposition and Tooth Pillow

When I was student teaching (in a second grade classroom), I learned so much from a fabulous teacher, and I will forever be grateful for my learning experience with her.


One of the special memories I brought from my experience was a cute little saying to put on envelopes that would hold teeth.  Yes, I said teeth.  If a child lost their tooth in this teacher's classroom, they got to put their little tooth in an envelope encased with these words...
____________________________________________________________________________

In this pocket you will find, 
a teeny, tiny tooth of mine. 
So while I sleep, where dreams are made, 
let's see if we can make a trade.
____________________________________________________________________________

...and take it home to put under their pillow.  I just thought it was the cutest.   How thrilling to be a second grader, on your way home with a proposition such as this for the tooth fairy.


And a while back, I found the sweetest little tooth pillow too.  Too chancy to snatch those teeth from under your sleeping beauties?  Make one of these and come up with a special tooth fairy tradition of your own.  You could place it under the pillow, next to the bed on a side table, or nestle it safely in your wee ones' arms.  Come up with your own propositions and tooth fairy rules.


a tooth pillow from the heart
PHOTO COURTESY OF OUR HARTBEAT


Anyhow, just wanted to share some cuteness.
Hope you are having a great start to the week!

Blessings,

4 comments:

  1. My second grader came home just last week with her tooth in a ziplock bag. "It came out during math!" So amazing how quickly their little smiles change with each tooth they lose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Too cute!! The tooth fairy ritual is huge in our house ( I will definately use this little prose next time). The only problem I have is than I can not part with those little treasured teeth, I will have a lot of explaining to do if my 'stash' is ever discovered!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's sooo cute! ha. :) i really love your blog by the way. so much cute stuff and good food! :p I'm definitely going to be hanging out here a lot more... ;) blessings and love, denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morgan...I can only imagine the day Coop comes home with a tooth...that fell out during math! Gosh...crazy how quickly he is growing up! Toothless smiles are the best.

    Simone...you are cracking me up. That would be quite the discovery someday for you r kids! Ha!

    Denise...thank you so much! I'm so glad you're finding some things that you like! Awesome! Your blog is quite inspirational! I need to do some catching up myself!

    Thanks again ladies! You always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails