Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday Faves: Going For A Drive and Wipeout!

So last night after dinner, the husband, little man, and I went for a drive...just for fun.  My husband found just the right car for his new commute (just over an hour when he starts his new job), and he wanted to give us a little car tour (our first car purchase ever...after borrowing and being handed down cars...this was a big deal!).  Kinda fun.  I want him to be as happy with this car as possible so as to make his commute as happy as possible so as to avoid...A MOVE for as long as possible.

I'm hoping to gain some more years in this home....which means a few more years of being a hop, skip, and a jump away from my best friends (my parents), free babysitting (my parents), free meals (my parents), free good times (my parents), a big ol' free expanse of dirt for Cooper to play in (my parents' garden), the church we have come to love, and the friends we love to visit.  Granted, we have Brian's parents about an hour and a half away (who we LOVE and ADORE visiting as well), and there are plenty of places to live that would bring us closer to his job, closer to them, and closer to a much more exciting and bustling place to live with fun cafes and restaurants, shopping, and family activities.  But it all comes down to this: this is home for me.  It has been all my life.  I can't imagine not being close to my folks or having to switch up churches or having to drive long periods to see my dearest friends.  Of course it's possible, and I'm sure I could manage, but right now, as I count on having help so often with my arthritis throwing me for a loop lately, I just am not ready to face a move.

Anyhow, this was all to say that we went for a drive...and I got car sick.  Nothing new, but my husband kind of deflated a little, like he thought having a new car would have wiped out my car sickness all together.  Gotta love his hopefulness!  Anyhow, he and little man brought me back home while they drove a little longer.  Coop cried at the thought of being done...as we were driving, he kept shouting, "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" and "Ooooooh wow," as we drove by things to see and all the lights that shine so brightly at night.  He got us laughing.  So with that, they dropped me off and I came inside to let the car sickness fade.  I thought I would see what was on the tube.




I haven't been watching too much tv lately.  Trying to cut back...it's been great...well except for ABC.com that is.  :)  Anyhow, I turned on ABC and the show WIPEOUT was on.  I have to say, I haven't laughed this hard in a long time.  I had forgotten how funny this show is...watching people  getting knocked all over the place, all with a smile on their face as they try to continue on to win the prize.  Am I a terrible person?  There is just something about watching folks getting bumped and knocked all over the place (there are all sorts of cushions and soft landing opportunities), kind of like when folks trip unexpectedly.  Often, it doesn't lead to getting hurt...but rather the element of surprise that always leads to the best facial expressions and bodies contorted in ways that just don't look possible, making you shout loudly as you are uncontrollably laughing, "Ooooo, oooohhh, oooooow!"  I found myself highly entertained.

Anyway, if you need a little laugh today, give this a moment of your time.


Enjoy all!  Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. We have a standing date to watch Wipeout with the kids ... it's a hoot when all the kids are laughing, but nearly as hard as Mommy! Yes, it's funny in a "better you than me" sort of way! I have to remind myself (while laughing uproariously) that they signed up to be bounced around like that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails