Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Fun...Rainbows, Balloons, Mole Holes, Green DIY Handprints, and Potato Leek Soup

Thought I'd share a few pictures from today.  Coop and I decided to just enjoy some casual St. Patrick's Day fun this year...keeping things quite simple.  Shoot, I didn't even bake any green treats.  What kind of a mother am I?  Oh well, I guess I'll give myself a little grace.  Coop is only 2.  He thought it was a great day...green treats or not!

Hope you've had fun celebrating this Thursday!
Enjoy our afternoon in pictures!



RAINBOW SOCKS


THE SIMPLEST OF PLEASURES...
A GREEN BALLOON JUST FOR KICKS AND GIGGLES


HEADED OUT TO CONQUER SOME MOLE HOLES


HERE'S ONE MOM!


TAKE THAT YOU MOLE HOLE!


AND THAT!


WHAT DO YOU THINK MOM?


OOOH, I HEAR AN AIRPLANE.


GREEN HANDS...MESSY AND FUN!

"Cooper, Mommy is going to paint on your fingers."
Giggles and cute words.

"Cooper, hold your fingers out straight please."
Giggles.

"Mommy what are you doing?"
Giggles.

"I'm painting your hands so we can make some fun art."
Giggles and cute words.

"Put your hands like this buddy.  
Nice and straight fingers please.
Straight buddy.
Like this buddy.
Stretch your fingers out straight please.
Okay, good bud."

"Let's add a little blue and yellow.
Much better...don't ya think?"
"Yes," with giggles.

"Okay put them on the paper carefully.  
Right here bud, careful.
Perfect; great job."
Giggles. 

"Oh my buddy!  Can you believe it?  
Look at your hands!"
Giggles and cute words.

"Let's go wash 'em!"
Giggles.
"Mommy, my hands are green!"
Giggles

"Oh my Mommmy, big mess in sink.
Eeeeew yuck!  Big green mess."
Giggles.

"That's okay buddy.
That's what makes art fun!
"Wanna paint some more?"
"YEAH!"
Big smiles!


YUMMY ENDING...



POTATO LEEK SOUP
QUITE FESTIVE IN MY BOOK!
I'LL SHARE THIS RECIPE SOON.

Tonight I am headed to Worship Practice to sing with one of my dearest friends (She's the one who got a picture of my thinking face!), while my two men stay home to watch some March Madness. And oh my, the madness (pun intended) truly has begun!  The Mr. is already going crazy...like a kid in a candy store.

Blessings to you today.
Are you are wearing green?

Big hugs,

Linking up with...

    504 Main  

    kojodesigns




4 comments:

  1. What a fun GREEN day with your sweet little boy! Painting handprints is the best, those giggles are what makes it worth the mess! Thanks for sharing!

    Angie @ http://inmysparetime2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooper is adorable! I bet he loved getting messy with his momma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't know how i missed this post!...i love your whole conversation with Cooper...so stinkin cute!!! what a fun day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all the sweet comments ladies. Cooper is such a fun little buddy...I am so thankful to spend my days with him. He makes everything we do a darn tootin' good time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails