Monday, March 21, 2011

Shared Recipe: Whole Wheat Goldfish Crackers

Does your little one love goldfish crackers?

Pepperidge Farm Cheddar Goldfish - 4.1 LBS

I know my little buddy does.
Whether we just need an afternoon yummy, or
he's enjoying a snack at church in his little class of cutie pies,
these guys are a favorite go to munchy.
If you think about it, these crackers have been around forever.
These days, we've been buying the rainbow colored goldfish,
but personally, I enjoy the original flavor best.

Anyhoo, just like any boxed treat on the shelves in the grocery store,
 they have a number of processed ingredients.
You know what they say right?
Shop the outer edges of the grocery stores, 
and you will find more of the fresh and "whole" products...
fruits, vegetables, meat, dairy, and some of the bread.
Shop in the middle amongst all the shelves,
and you will be surrounded by processed goodies that are hard to resist.

Well lucky for me, I found these whole wheat goldfish crackers
the other day and wanted to share with you all.  Have you seen them?

What do you think?
Worth the effort?


eyes and smiles

snack ready


I think they are just darling...and a great healthy rendition of a beloved childhood treat.

Head on over to Smitten Kitchen for the recipe...and some other great yummies!
Enjoy, and let me know how you like them!

On a side note,
we had some hints of spring and summer this weekend.
Daffodils and sunshine...it was glorious.
What are the hints of spring at your house these days?

Many blessings to you this Monday morning.
I encourage you to do something out of your comfort zone today.
I'm going to go grocery shopping with my little buddy today,
even though every arthritic joint in my body is screaming out,
"Stay home in your jammies!"

Here's to hoping the sunshine sticks around for a while.


2 comments:

  1. Yum! We love goldfish crackers over here. Although I must say we are not fond of the rainbow colored ones! Thanks for sharing the recipe link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute ... I'm afraid my bunch would eat the entire school :) in one sitting! Oh well ...

    Hope you made it to the store and back ... and that you get a little relief today!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails