Friday, March 4, 2011

Friday Favorites: Mythic Paint and ACE Hardware

Happy Friday friends!  Goodness sakes, hard to believe another week has passed.  I took a nap on Wednesday that seems to have given me a breath of fresh air, a renewed sense of being, and a little boost of energy I was very much lacking...and it made the last few days quite enjoyable.  The exhaustion, arthritis pain, and lack of motivation seemed to be getting the best of me, and with one nap, I felt like a new me!


Maybe you'll find an opportunity to nap this weekend!  If it sounds good to you, hope you do!


With Friday Favorites today, I wanted to share with you my love of Mythic Paint.



Have you heard of it?  Seen it used?  Used it yourself?



We love Mythic Paint in our house.

We painted our master bedroom using Mythic Paint a while back, and after opening the can...we were shocked...and so pleasantly surprised.  It didn't stink.  You know that horrible aroma that leaves you reaching for your face masks every time you bust open a can of paint?  Well, it wasn't there.  Really.  As I stirred the paint, it looked so creamy and luxurious, and as we loaded up the rollers and put some color on the walls, the paint went on smoothly and gave great coverage.  Even more fantastic, we were able to sleep in our room within hours of painting.  Seriously, no stench, no poisonous icky paint danger.  Love it.

Sidenote:  Our bedroom is not quite picture worthy right 
now, or else I'd bust out some photos for ya.  Believe me, it's on 
the list...the never ending House To Do list.  We're just taking it 
one step at a time around here.  So far, so good.  The never 
ending list is starting to feel a little more like a great adventure...
instead of a life sucking, never ending "to do" list.  Yahoo!



Not only would I highly recommend this paint, but an added bonus is that they sell it at our local ACE hardware store.  I don't know if you have much experience with ACE, but I love supporting our local store.  The store has a downhome feel that allows you to ask questions knowing the workers will take the time to help you...and it feels like they want to...which I'm sure they do.  They are kind and friendly, and the store carries a large variety of goodies.  If they don't have an item that you are looking for, chances are they can order it for you to pick up a few days later.  They ordered some chalkboard paint for me that they didn't have in stock.  Fantastic service.

So there ya go, just a couple little recommendations from one friend to another.  Mythic paint and Ace Hardware.  We recently bought some Mythic Paint to cover our entry, kitchen, and downstairs living room walls.   We're starting downstairs, but we are also planning to take it up the stairs and in the upstairs hallway.  The walls in this house have been gold/khaki for far too long!  Because we didn't find the color we were going for in the Mythic line of paint, we chose the color Travertine (a lovely light, light grey/green/tan) from the ACE paint colors, and we had them mix it into the Mythic Paint for us.  Time to lighten, brighten, and then add some color!  Woo hoo!  So excited to get things rolling...I even rolled some sample splotches on around the house and can see that it will make a huge difference in lightening up this place.  Added bonus, each room looks a little different in shade and intensity, so we are getting some great variation in color without having to paint with five million different colors.  Thanks lights and shadows!





Alright, in case you're interested in looking into Mythic Paint,
here is a little blurb from the Mythic Paint websiste...

        

Mythic® paint is a non-toxic, ultra low odor paint that provides the durability 
and coverage you expect from a premium paint without the off-gassing 
VOC’s and cancer-causing toxins that emit years after drying. 
Stronger, safer, smarter paint®. Now that’s a breath of fresh air.

  
Enjoy your weekend!
I'm off to Family Bingo Night at the school where my Mom works.
Crossing my fingers for a win!  It's been a long time since I've had the chance to shout,
"BINGO!"
Blessings on your weekend!

4 comments:

  1. happy Bingo-ing! And Happy weekend, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of this paint. We've always had the stinky paints. What are your next projects?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! My Daddio came up the big winner...he one a free pizza...first prize of the night.

    Actually, he got a BINGO at the same time as a little boy. They each had to pick a number to determine who would get the basket prize...it was full of candies and chocolates. When the little boy picked a number, my dad looked at the man and said, "Shoot, I think he picked the number, didn't he?" and winked. He gave up the prize to the little boy and took the consolation...free pizza. What a guy!

    AnaLisa...I have several projects up my sleeve. Sometimes I wonder when I will ever get to address some of my to dos, but right now, I'm happy with the progress of painting the downstairs. Slowly but surely. Next up are the kitchen cabinets, along with some makeovers for the master bedroom, combined office for the Mr. and I, and Coop's bedroom. Those are just to name a few really. Looking forward to some sunny skies and warm weather to get going on some other painting projects!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails