Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday Favorites: Chocolate Chip Cookies with Added Yummies and the Perfect Ice Cream Scoop

These are delish.  Literally.  Chocolate chip cookies never get old...at least they don't for me.  Well some could actually, but never this recipe.

As I often like to do with all kinds of recipes, I took Nestle's recipe (straight from the chocolate chips package) and made it my own after testing them for the past few years.  I simply make a few modifications and additions.

I could literally eat a million of these bad boys, and often times do each time I make them.  A special little treat with my favorite little buddy, a divine night time indulgence after Coop is in bed, and always accompanied by a big ol' glass of milk.  They never last long on the plate, and folks usually come back for more.  Warning: these are especially tasty and addictive when warm...fresh out of the oven or straight from the microwave.

Enjoy friends, enjoy!




Chocolate Chip Cookies with Added Yummies

Ingredients
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 OVERFLOWING teaspoon vanilla (the extra makes all the difference)
2 large eggs
2 cups (1 package) milk chocolate chips

Additional Ingredients
1 large glop of peanut butter
1 cup of uncooked oats
Peanut butter chips
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
M&Ms
Whatever you like!

Directions
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.  Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. If adding peanut butter, add in a few spoonfuls now.  Gradually beat in flour mixture (be careful not to overbeat). Stir in oatmeal and chips. Use ice scream scoop or two spoons to place large mounds onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for a couple minutes, and remove to wire racks to cool completely. 


This scooper works great (and makes for 2 dozen cookies...almost exactly)!


It also works great for measuring out cupcake batter.

KitchenAid Cook's Series Lever Ice Cream Scoop, Black

Cooper and I like to pretend like we are...COOKIE MONSTER!



Gund Soft and Shaggy Cookie Monster Doll in new large size!

Maybe we should invest in one of these!

Sesame Street - Cookie Monster Face T-Shirt - Large [Apparel]





Nom, nom, nom to you!



Linking up with...

    504 Main

 kojodesigns    

    


9 comments:

  1. Those sound awfully yummy! I love the little changes you made, I'll have to try them! Thanks for sharing!

    Oh and I love your new pic of you and your little man! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm....you can't go wrong with chocolate chip cookies, and your additions are simply marvelous! They must taste like heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Holly, I did not need to see these. Your cookies look amazing and I bet they taste just as great! Warm out of the oven with a glass of milk sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!! And ... I bought my hubby that tshirt for a pj top a few years ago. He is the cookie monster in our house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel a cookie monster attack coming on...chocolate chip cookies are yummy enough on their own and then if you add some of these yummies...OH MY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great especially with the added peanut butter cup! Yum..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh those look so yummy! Thanks so much for linking this up to our Wicked Awesome Wednesday link party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holly, thank you so much for linking up to "A Little Birdie Told Me.."! I definitely need to seek out that fabulous scoop to add to my kitchen tool repertoire.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails