Thursday, February 10, 2011

Valentine Inspiration: Sweet Treats and Lovely Packaging Ideas

Hello friends!  Now that I'm getting into the spirit, it's way too easy to find fun ideas for Valentine's Day.  I have been rounding up these goodies for some time now...time to share them with the world!  To be quite honest, I think this will be the LONGEST blog post ever.  Can you handle that?

I don't know about you, but nothing says Valentine's Day to me like a sweet treat that comes in a cute little package.  Pitter, patter, pitter, patter.  What was that?  Oh it was just my heart.  Who doesn't love to get something special from someone they love...especially when it tastes so incredibly yummy and looks so perfectly packaged?!  Food gifts like these are especially great for friends, family, and neighbors and make Valentine's Day extra sweet for those we hold dear.  Take a moment to peek at these delectable yummies and darling packaging ideas.  You can click on the images or the link underneath to get to the specific pages.  Some are freebies and some are for a small fee it looks like.  I hope you find something that inspires you to get in the mood and gets you excited to celebrate this Valentine's Day in a most delicious way.  Enjoy!

.  .  .  .   .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .   .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

Heart Shaped Ice Cream Sandwiches
I've made these several times, and they are delicious!  




This picture is from a few years back.  We added half strawberry ice cream
and half vanilla...Breyers of course.  The hubby wouldn't have it any other way!



Embellished Ice Cream Sandwiches...
With A Cool Kitchen Gadget
Another recipe and variation, but looks just as yummy!


COURTESY OF BUTTERCREAM



RED VELVET ICE CREAM
You can't beat homemade ice cream.


COURTESY OF VITTLES AND BITS

.  .  .  .   .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .   .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

Apple of My Eye Pies and Pie Boxes
I don't know about you, but if you gave me one of these, I think
I'd be yours forever.  Cute and tasty are the way to my heart for sure!

p1040161
COURTESY OF TWIG AND THISTLE



Mini Sweetie Pies and Gift Tags


COURTESY OF OUR BEST BITES


.  .  .  .   .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .   .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

Bubble Gum Necklaces
The cutest.

.  .  .  .   .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .   .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

Pink Homemade Heart Shaped Marshmallows 
These just look so lovely and festive.  Hot chocolate anyone?

COURTESY OF DECORADA.CO.NZ





Pink Hot Chocolate and Love Buns
What a fun way to spruce up some store bought ingredients.

valentines, pink hot chocolate, love buns 067
COURTESY OF LIFE IS A PARTY





Strawberry Flavored Rice Krispy Treats
Fun little twist for a fun little treat.


COURTESY OF THIS LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE

Don't want strawberry flavored?  Just use a little red
food coloring and a heart cut out.  Perfection!



COURTESY ENVY MY COOKING
.  .  .  .   .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .   .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .


Mini Valentine Cakes and Treats
I wouldn't have a problem putting any one of these things in my mouth!  :)


COURTESY OF CHICKABUG



Snickers Cupcakes
Doesn't have to be red, pink, or sprinkled with hearts
to be absolutely perfect for Valentine's Day, right?

COURTESY OF ANNIE'S EATS




Chocolate Cream Filled Cupcakes 
Covered with Ganache Frosting
Excuse me.  I need a moment.  :)


COURTESY OF SKIP TO MY LOU




Snickerdoodle Cupcakes
Sounds yummy, just like the cookie!




Peanut Butter Snickers Brownies
Girl, you've outdone yourself.



Nutella Cupcakes with Nutella and Cream Cheese Frosting
Who doesn't love Nutella?

COURTESY OF TARTLETTE



Heart Shaped Red Velvet Whoopie Pies
Heavenly, I'm sure.


COURTESY OF PAIGES OF STYLE

.  .  .  .   .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .   .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

Baked Donuts
How cute are these?

COURTESY OF SIMPLY...THIS, THAT & THE OTHER

.  .  .  .   .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .   .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .


Cookies and Cupcakes
I'll take one of each please!  :)


COURTESY OF GLORIOUS TREATS


Jam Jam Cookies
What a lovely treat...to eat and look at!

COURTESY OF LIFE IS A PARTY



Double Thumbprint (Heart) Cookies
How perfect for Valentine's Day!

 COURTESY OF MUNCHKIN MUNCHIES



Conversation Heart Sugar Cookies
Family favorite for sure!

COURTESY OF HALLELUJAHS BY HOLLY



Cookie Cartons and Labels
What a fun idea!

WB 026
COURTESY OF WHIPPERBERRY



.  .  .  .   .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .   .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

Cheesecake Pops
All I can think of here is yummmmmmmm!

COURTESY OF SWEET BABY HICCUPS



.  .  .  .   .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .   .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

Chocolate Caramels
A perfect little chewy bite.

COURTESY OF A FARM GIRL'S DABBLES



Nutella Fudge
I love Nutella!!!

COURTESY OF WITH A BOLW OF RICE

.  .  .  .   .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .   .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .


Chocolate Dipped Fortune Cookies
Making a simple, store bought treat extra special by adding 
your own personal touch is a great way to keep the stress 
levels low and save some time to play with your loved ones.

COURTESY OF FRENCH KNOTS



Homemade Fortune Cookies
Or if you are up for it, make your own!  Too fun!

COURTESY OF 2 STEWS



Paper Fortune Cookies
Okay, one more fortune cookie idea for ya here.  
Such a beautiful and unexpected treat for your loved one?!
This could be customized for any holiday or party.  Love it.

2feb11
COURTESY OF SIXTY PIGGIES

.  .  .  .   .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .   .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

Fortune Cookie Teacher Gift
Cute way to package those fortune cookies for a teacher!
COURTESY EIGHTEEN25





Valentine Gift Tags (Part of Valentine Printables Set)
Adorable additions to any of your Valentine's Day festivities...
cupcake toppers, gift tags, card embellishments...anything really.

COURTESY OF MAGNOLIA CREATIVE CO VIA CATCH MY PARTY





Valentine Gift Tags
Lovely and whimsical.

COURTESY OF ART BY JULIE H.




Gingham Heart Favor Box 
(Prints on 8.5 x 11 Paper)
COURTESY OF SPECKLESS



Colorful Cupcake Boxes



VIA USBOX.COM




Red Cupcake Boxes




Valentine Treat Boxes

VIA WILTON




Valentine Lunch Bag Printable

COURTESY IT IS WHAT IT IS



DIY Valentine's Day Goodie Bags
So darling.  One of my favorites.  Simplicity can be so lovely.

COURTESY OF TWIG AND THISTLE




DIY Valentine's Day Brownie Bags
 Another favorite of mine.  Doesn't that glass of milk look extra enticing with that red striped straw?

COURTESY OF TWIG AND THISTLE

.  .  .  .   .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .   .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

Need Some Colorful Ribbon for Your Treats?
Try any of the cute twines via The Twinery.  So many colors to choose from!

Image of Maraschino - Red & White Eco-Luxe Baker's Twine
PHOT COURTESY OF THE TWINERY
.  .  .  .   .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .   .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

Enjoy!

I'm going to take a little break!  See you in a few days!

8 comments:

  1. wow!!! i love this post and all the yummy goodies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for including my ideas in your line up.
    Happy Valentine's Day!
    Dannyelle from www.lifeisaparty.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so many wonderful ideas! I'll definitely be using some of them! I'm tickled that you featured my double thumbprint cookies in your post:) THANKS so much for the shout-out/link-love! Happy Valentine's day, Holly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful collection of ideas. I will be referring back often. I nearly fell off my chair when I saw the red and white twine. I have been looking in stores forever for that!! Thank you!

    Thanks too, for posting my Fortune Cookies. It was really fun to see and they would be perfect filled with love messages for Valentines Day.

    Happy V-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nutella!! That is soo good! Thank you for featuring me this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one serious round-up of ideas! LOVE IT! Thank you for including me - I'm honored! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for adding my ice cream to this lineup of AMAZING Valentine treats & projects! So fun, and such great inspiration for the holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a amazing selection of concepts. I found it really informative, keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails