Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday Worship: How Do You Love? 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 and Love Never Fails by Brandon Heath



I'm not sure where this little saying about love comes from, but it seems to bring tears to my eyes each time I read it.  On our wedding day, this love note was printed inside our wedding program with this picture (I still tease my husband about this one...I jumped up on the trampoline in one graceful jump, and he looks as if a spazzoid is very much attacking him...one of the many reasons I love this picture!).  Amongst all the wedding prep (and gosh, isn't there just a million things on the Wedding To Do prep list?), I remember finding it and just sobbing, knowing that I had that kind of love with the person I was going to marry and spend the rest of my life with.  Hallelujah!  Here it is...


Love
Thank you for showing me what love really is. 
Not the little, tiny kind that you have to squeeze 
yourself into until it fits, but the big kind that has no limits,
that doesn’t hold back anything or hold on too tightly,
that’s strong enough to come apart and be put back
together however many times it needs to, the kind we
dream as we go along, that sees beyond what is good 
and what is bad, that lets me be me and you be you,
the kind that takes a lifetime to tell its story.

Don't you love it?  Did you cry?  Did you smile?  Did it bring a memory to mind?  A person to mind?  A hope for the future?  Did it stir an emotion in you?  Do you need a kleenex?  Do you feel thankful?  Grateful?  Hopeful?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Take a moment.  Have a listen.  Enjoy this song by Brandon Heath...Love Never Fails.




Ahhh...so beautiful, and so true of perfect, true love.  

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I love this scripture in Corithians that gives love 
so many faces. I pray I can love like this.


Love is patient, love is kind. 
It does not envy, it does not boast, 
it is not proud. It is not rude, 
it is not self-seeking, 
it is not easily angered, 
it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil 
but rejoices with the truth.  
It always protects, always trusts, 
always hopes, always perseveres. 
Love never fails.
...
1 Corinthians 13: 4-8

As well known as this verse is, it never gets old.  Such a daily reminder 
to love as God loves me...to love others as Jesus loved.  To offer grace 
and mercy in my every encounter with others as God so generously offers
it to me.  The price has already been paid...not only for me, but for us all.  
Who am I to ever hold back love?

How do you love?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails