Monday, February 28, 2011

Kitchen Update: Are The Kitchen Cabinets White?

Nope.  But that's okay, they will be in the near future.

I have shared our goal of getting our kitchen cabinets painted white (originally by the end of February) on several occasions...HEREHERE, HEREHERE, and HERE actually.

It was going to be a birthday gift in a way...a goal with the end result being to have it finished by my birthday in order to start my next year with a sense of accomplishment...tackling one of the bigger projects on our never ending House To Do List.  It was going to be fabulous...awesome...white, clean, crisp, and fresh...beautiful.

But I'm not sure what I was thinking.  Seriously.  It is February...in the Pacific Northwest.  I haven't painted a small figurine, light fixture, chair, or anything for that matter this winter.  That's just how it goes for me.  It's cold and wet...and I don't have a big heated workshop ready for me to lay out a bunch of cabinet doors on sawhorse tables to sand, prime, and paint...and dry.  I'm sure I could have found a way, but it just didn't make sense to push it.  We have so much going on, and although this was a priority, it wasn't practical at all...and I got my hopes up a little too soon.

But you see, I'm not worried...not bummed...not feeling bad about it at all.  Sun will find us here in Washington, and our cabinets will get painted.  It's as simple as that.  Our backyard "Kitchen Cabinet Makeover Workshop" will be built, and by golly, our kitchen will become white.  It will be lovely, and I can't wait...well, I can actually...a little bit longer it seems.  :)

In the mean time, we found a paint color for our walls that will help us begin to transform this khaki castle  into a bright and fresh foundation for some fun pops of color.  I will share with you more about the color we chose soon, and you might be surprised.  Just a little reminder, I am hoping to achieve a lighter neutral foundation in order to layer in color and warmth and coziness.  We're kind of just going to go for it, and see how the chips fall.  It's just paint, right?

So anyhow, would continue to love any insight you might be willing to share on painting kitchen cabinets and any feedback as to choosing the perfect color of white.  I am so open to suggestions.

On a sidenote, it was a great weekend.  We had a family pow wow, and the Mr. and I made some important decisions as far as time management and priorities in our lives.  So excited to take a step in the right direction for our little family of three...feels good and I'm encouraged.  I'll update you when things are update worthy.

I thought I'd leave you with another little kitchen inspiration photo.  Love how bright and clean this feels, with a touch of rustic comfort.  I think I might like a few more touches of color in my kitchen, but this just makes me happy...I feel relaxed just looking at it...and I must say, it gets me excited.

homeinspiration:

tinywhitedaisies:

createaspace:

Contented Me: design inspiration: style swoon

Hope you are looking forward to your week.  Choose something to do this week...maybe a few things...that will give you a sense of accomplishment and joy.  I'm going to attempt to catch up on some household chores (that have really been piling up) and finish up a computer project that has been taking way too long.  Aiming for success!

Happy Monday to you!

Many blessings,

4 comments:

  1. Yes, Holly, it is wet and cold here in the NW-I'm west of Portland. Your cabinets will be white in due time :o)!! In the mean time,we can do what we do here: listen to the rain drops on the roof and smell the air and watch the daffodils bud out. blessings on your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a good blogger. And, man, you have a lot of friends! Hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Holly! I totally understand how it is. We painted our kitchen cabinets in our last house three years ago and it was a huge job. If it wasn't for my son's high school graduation, I may never have finished it. I hope to paint the cabinets at my new house because they didn't have white cabinets as an option at the desing center. I've chosen Behr's Popped Corn as a warm white that doesn't look yellow and doesn't have any black in it. I'm going to have Sherwin Williams mix it up though because I like their paint better. You might take a look at that color. Oh, and I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems that you love white color and white kitchen cabinets are always attractive anyways you have a good blog and most of the post which I had read are too good, Keep up the good work..!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails