Wednesday, February 16, 2011

DIY Scripture Art...Love This Idea!

Look what Britt made over at Gus and Lula.  Is this not the most darling artwork ever?  Fun, unique, AND a bit whimsical...perfect addition to their nursery/kids' room.  I think I use the word whimsical too much...I should look it up.

Okay...looking it up.

Several definitions...all of which didn't fit 
my love for this art...but then I found this one.

                                                       The Free Dictionary
                                                      whimsical [ˈwɪmzɪkəl]   adj
                                                     1. spontaneously fanciful or playful
                                                     2. given to whims; capricious
                                                     3. quaint, unusual, or fantastic
© HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003


Alright.  
So I still love the word.
It so suits this lovely art.
I will continue to use this word as often as I like!  :)

Moving on.  When it comes to customizing a piece like this for your home, you could really go a million directions.  Change the scripture, the symbol, location in your home, the colors, the font...your options are absolutely limitless.  I love how Britt used this in the room she is planning for her future kiddos.  Love her heart...and her blog.  Check it out!


PHOTO COURTESY OF GUS AND LULA

Thanks for the fun idea Britt!
Blessings to you dear friends,

4 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute!!

    What a fresh way to have Scripture in your home!

    http://snapshots-morgan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, first I just have to say that it is so weird that you spoke about the word whimsical today. Last night I was watching a YouTube video about making flower bouquets and this woman described Gerbera daisies as 'whimsical' and another poster commented on it in a joking way. It got me to wondering what the word really meant so I looked it up last night! hahaha! Isn't that so weird?!

    Anyway, that is such a cute art piece! I really like it! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. That is just the neatest thing. We have lots of people through the house that are non-Christians ... I love to have things around that make them stop and take notice! This is one of those things! So cool. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that looks awesome! Thanks so much for sharing. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails