Monday, February 7, 2011

DIY Robot Valentines

Don't forget to enter -HERE- to win $35 at any of CSN's online stores.  You have until Sunday,
February 13th at midnight to enter, and the winner will be chosen at random and announced on Valentine's Day! 

Also, just wanted to let you know that I've added a couple more great
inspirations to my Valentine posts.  There really are some fun things in there, 
so in case you wanted to check in one more time...here are the links.


Okay, moving on!
If you are a member of my family and reading this, 

STOP!!!  

Collaborate and listen.  

No, just maybe look away right now!  :)  
TheseValentines might resemble exactly what will be coming in the mail very soon!

For the rest of you my dear friends, I just thought I would quickly share what I came up with for Cooper's Valentine's this year.  Although my little man is only 2,  I thought it would still be fun to help him share a little love with some friends and family.   Luckily for me, we're not a fussy bunch...we like simple, easy, and awesome...so that's what I was shooting for.

When I saw the colorful robot images that I recently highlighted HERE, I immediately thought they would be perfect for Cooper's Valentines this year.  I'm not sure where it stems from, but he is into robots lately, and with all the boy Valentine's in the stores being somewhat cheesy and mainly character driven, I thought the handmade approach with these fun little images were a perfect fit for this year.




It sure helped that we finally gave in and bought a new printer...since ours was quite ancient and smearing ink all over the place.  Gosh what a different this made!  Printing and making cards was SO much more fun and way less frustrating than it has been recently (and in the past actually...as our printing has been streaking 24/7 - no, not minus the undies - and smearing ink for years) for sure.  The robot images printed so nicely and appeared very crisp.  The colors were vibrant and true to what I saw on the screen.  Hallelujah!  Finally!  I had been waiting a long time for this.  Yahoo!  This is the printer we settled on.  I had the Hubbs do a little research and pick out a printer that would be a good fit for our needs.  I trust his printer picking out skills...and this was the winner!  It's a good one.

Canon PIXMA MX870 Wireless Office All-in-One Printer (4206B002)    
Anyhoo, I was able to delete the heart on the original images (so cute, but I wanted to try something different) , and instead punched out some hearts and glittered them up, attaching them to the robots with some sticky foam dots.  I kind of wanted it to look like the robot was holding the heart in his hand...ready to give it to the recipient of the Valentine.  I know, right?  Such sweet and thoughtful little robots.  




I stamped a little stamp on the envelope with red ink.
It says, "A little note."
Now, they're just ready for some sweet sentiments, addresses, and stamps.




Sometimes it's hard to find fun Valentines for boys I've noticed...and I think that as Cooper gets older, we will have to get even more creative with Valentines.  So much fun to look forward to.  Sometimes I still pinch myself that I am a Mom...and that I gave birth to a real person, a little buddy that is truly growing up!  Crazy!

To be honest, I just had fun making some super simple little cards, as it's been a while.  Creating sweet little somethings with paper is a little creative outlet so dear to my heart...and one I don't get to enjoy too often these days.  I look forward to doing more in the near future!  Yahoo!

Are you making any Valentines this year?  Any special little projects for your loved ones?  Hope you are having fun.

Blessings,


Hang tight for some more Valentine Inspiration: Lovely Images and Photos!

Linking up with...

 

7 comments:

  1. SO Cute! My kids are sadly using valentines from the store. Unless they want to make their own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really could use your wisdom on this:

    How do you format your doc to print to card size?

    Also:

    How did you delete the heart and where did you find such tiny hearts to attach with the dots?

    I love your card. I am a huge fan of robots, so anything robot I am sure to love, but I especially like what you came up with for your card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, you sure have been busy!!! Your little robot valentines are adorable and I just love the little stamp on the back. I haven't even thought what I will be doing, will have a look through your list for inspirations! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are adorable!! I love how they turned out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi all, thanks for the super sweet little notes!

    Paige, I'm sure your store bought Valentines are awesome, and perfect for your wee ones. I hope they have fun with them!

    Gina, I just play around in Microsoft word with column size, image centering and sizing, and then print onto my cards or cardstock. It takes a few tries, but easy as pie! I clicked on the heart in order to delete it, and just used a heart paper punch for the hearts I attached. I sure hope this helps!

    Thanks Simone! I haven't made cards in such a long time, so it felt so good...even if they were pretty simple versions. I don't think I really thought much about Valentine's Day this far in advance before. Kind of exciting! Hope you and the kids have fun deciding on your Valentines.

    And, thanks so much Staci! I sure had a lot of fun working on them. Can't believe my little buddy is going to send Valentines. Crazy!

    Thanks again all! Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The robot cards are adorable Holly! I love the stamp and the glittered hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holly, I love the robot images and the way you customized and embellished them for your amazing cards! They look so professional!

    Thank you so much for sharing another wonderful project on "A Little Birdie Told Me..." Tuesday at Rook No. 17!

    Happy Valentines' Day!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails