Friday, January 21, 2011

Self Portraits: Well I've Arrived...Have You?

So Little Miss Momma is having a fun self portrait linky party.  She is hilarious and fun and spunky and cute and inspiring...and well...just super neat.  Check HER out!  I had wanted to join in the fun, but I haven't had the time to sit down, gussy up, and play with the camera like I wanted to.  So instead of trying to find the perfect moment, and then never end up doing it, you know what I decided to do?  I took my hat off, made do with my day old hair, kept my favorite pink hoody on, busted out the camera, and just went for it anyway.   Kind of fun to have a little photo shoot for myself.

When I was looking through the pictures I took, I couldn't help but laugh.  Oh gosh.  This is probably why most people take pictures of others.  Blurry faces, messy unruly hairs, crooked shots, more chins than china town, zits galore, ridiculous looking facial expressions, the inability to hold the camera up, dark circles under my eyes...oy yo yo.   What can I say?  I'm not a model or a photographer.  I had fun picking a few of my favorites...here they are!  Go ahead...stick your tongue out right back!  It's fun!


All kinds of little oopsies.  And you know what?  I'm letting them ride.  I took two seconds in Picassa to "erase" a few of my blemishes (there were a couple that no one needs to be subject to!!!), but what you see is what you get.  This is me.  Splotchy ghostly white skin, random freckles, hairs out of place in need of a cut, lip scar, and all.  I'm happy to be me.  It took me a while to get here, but I've arrived. 


My little man found me and joined in too!  I sure love him!  Hallelujah for the little love of my life!



Blessings to you!  Hope you find ways to be 
SILLY, LAUGH, SMILE,
and not take yourself too seriously this weekend!  

4 comments:

  1. Oh so cute! I love em! thanks for stopping by my blog, I am gonna start following...looks like fun around here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic Holly. It actually looks like a lot of fun!!! It is funny how at the time we focus on all our blemishes and faults and yet when we revist them five years down the track we think "Gee I looked fantastic back then". I guess it is all relative. You are going to love looking back on these!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Stopping by from the party! Cute pics and your little man is so cute!

    Just read your RA story and oh man...what a challenge! A former co-worker of mine had RA as well and I remember our talks and how much pain she was in. My heart goes out to you!

    Now following along! Nice to 'meet' you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails