Monday, January 31, 2011

Our Weekend and A Valentine Countdown

Wow, it's January 31st.  Where the heck did that come from?  I can't believe how quickly time is flying around here...and that before we know it, Valentine's Day will soon be here...and then my birthday...and then March...which leads to spring...and wowsers.   Just crazy I tell ya.

How was your weekend?  We had a great weekend around the house.  The Hubbs rearranged our office to make room for me to have my very own space.  Yahoo and a big hallelujah!  Our kitchen counter was beginning to be the dumping ground for everything...piled high with bills and to do lists and this and that...and it made the whole kitchen feel messy.  I have been thinking for a while now that I just needed my own space.  My own Mom space if you will.  

This weekend, he wanted to set up his desk and computer area differently in preparation for a better functioning and more organized work space for himself, and in the process, he helped me achieve the same thing.  I was beaming.  I don't have pictures right now, but I hope to show you soon.  Since moving in, our office area has not been painted.  Probably best as it would have most likely been painted a shade of khaki.  :)  Right now, we each have our own bookshelf, our own desk, and our own computer...mine being the shared computer when needed.  My desk is an old table we found on Craigslist years back and his is an old lawyer desk we inherited from his parents when we first moved in.    What's funny is that when we first moved in here about 7 years ago, we basically took all the hand me downs we could get, with the exception of buying a new couch and a new bed...and eventually a couple bookcases.   We were newly weds and we weren't trying to spend a fortune furnishing our new home.  Not our style.  Not being the wealthiest folks around and being purposefully frugal, we haven't really spent the money replacing much, and so as you can imagine, non of the furniture in the office coordinates at this point.  There are no curtains up, and we still have yet to hang some framed goodies...but you know what?  I don't care!  I have a nice, clear, functioning...space....and I love it!  Lots to look forward to as far as little (and big) projects around the house go in the upcoming months.  I'm getting pretty excited.  Kitchen cabinets getting a makeover soon, Coop's room, our room, the office...lots to do and plan.  Fun!  We are both getting to the point where we are wanting more and more to make this house feel even more like home.  

Also, a huge praise and jump for joy moment for us at church today.  Coop is quite attached to us when it comes to being around other folks by himself, and while that is quite alright and we're happy to have him feel comfortable at his own pace, it is nice to see strides being made here.  We took Coop to KidZone and as we left, he seemed to be okay.  He cried for a moment, but I took him in and got him settled and that was enough to help him feel at ease.  B and I got to sit in church together the whole time today, and our number never flashed up on the screen.  When we went to pick him up, he was smiling and was pleased as punch.  He said, "No cry me."  Then he smiled and gave us big hugs.  I'm so proud of him, and so thankful.  What a big little man!

And now, since Valentine's Day is around the corner, I wanted to share a sweet little Valentine's Day countdown with you all.  It's just so cute and leads to a family spending time together in preparation for the upcoming holiday.  So great.  Go check out Paiges of Style for the full tutorial and envelope downloads.  Or maybe, make your own countdown.  Tell us about it...

How do you prepare for Valentine's Day in your neck of the woods?

COURTESY OF PAIGES OF STYLE


Blessings to you on this last day of January,


PS - Look for some Valentine Inspirations coming in the next couple of weeks.  I'm sure you've seen a lot already, but I'd like to share a few of my favorites...oh and my Mama's Famous Sugar Cookie Recipe!  What a treat!

2 comments:

  1. Very fun Valentine project, Holly! I made some Valentine ornaments with the girls this year, was alot of fun. So happy you've crossed a hurdle with your son letting go and having a good time without you for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Loved your blog, doesn't it make you so proud when they are so little, but oh so brave!!!
    We really do underestimate them at times. Thanks for sharing the valentine countdown, what a lovely idea! Smiles from Sunny Sydney!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails