Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Little Cook in the Kitchen

The Coopster has quite the imagination.  He received a fun play kitchen for his second birthday in November, and he enjoys cooking The Mr. and I something yummy, with his favorite part being watching us taste the non-existent food he has created.  The biggest smiles ever.  

Anyhow, I was in our kitchen cooking dinner the other night while he was cooking up a storm with his little kitchen simultaneously, and all of a sudden he screamed.  I quickly ran to him, alarmed and thinking to myself, "What is in the playroom that could hurt him?"  He said, "Ouch Mommy; hot."  As in, he was pretending to cook, and he pretended to accidentally touch his pretend hot pans and burned himself (a pretend burn of course!).  Scared me half to death, and then I turned my head to keep him from seeing me smile and laugh.  I quickly suggested he run his hands under pretend cold water in his pretend faucet.  He followed my advice, looked me straight in the eyes, and did a sigh of relief.  Just like that, we went on our merry way cooking.  The play room sure has some pretend potential dangers I hadn't thought of before.  :)

This scenario plays out several times a day lately.  Cracks me up every time, not to mention startles the dickens right out of me.

I found this little chef's hat for my little cook in the kitchen in the $1 bins at Target a while back.  Great find.  It always inspires him to to do some cooking.  He loves to lend a hand in Mommy's kitchen too.  When I start getting ready to cook, he always runs in, grabbing his stool and saying, "Mama?  I help?"

Here, we were giving the lettuce a rinse.



Oxo 32480 Good Grips Salad Spinner

This salad spinner is a favorite in our house.  




And of course, like many evenings before, no salad spinning is complete
without a helping of some couch cushion diving.  Good times.

Hallelujah for little cooks in the kitchen!
Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. How adorable!! I love the chefs hat. My 8 year old son is obsessed with the Master chef series and loves wearing his hat and apron too, only problem is he has reached the stage where he has progressed to the "real" oven! So much safer on those wooden rangehoods!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that picture of you and Coop. Could you be any cuter? I mean, really!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails