Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Another Little Kitchen Update: Tidying Up with the Magnetic Knife Strip and Wall Mounted Paper Towel Holder and A Printable Recipe Page

Okay, longest.  Title.  Ever.  :)

I hope you are doing so well and finding a way to feel the weight of the world off your shoulders today.  Around here, life is good...cleaner, tidier as I had hoped for here.  I am working on decluttering the kitchen a bit (to prepare myself for the whitening of those cabinets...oh how I can't wait for that!), starting with my magnetic spice rack.  Additionally, I thought I would share a quick glimpse of the counter I tidied up along that same wall.  First, here is the mess and counter space a few days ago when I was cooking up my Chicken Marsala.   


And here it is today, with a couple bright and cheery towels I found in the drawer.


So fun, nothing too extreme, just a little "keeping my house tidy" action going on!  Love it.  Can you see?  Betty and I had a date.  I prefer Ghirardelli brownies, but Betty was on sale.  

And now, I'll give ya a quick glimpse of the other side with the addition of the other Christmas gifts I talked about recently.  Stay tuned for a free printable recipe page below...so stinkin' cute!

The magnetic knife strip from IKEA is up, along with the wall mounted paper towel dispenser, and they are working marvelously and have led to much more counter space and a more peaceful work environment.  I have to say, I have been more motivated to keep the counter clean and clear since I've seen and loved the change.  

These are the goods.
GRUNDTAL Magnetic knife rack  Length: 20 7/8 " Height: 1 5/8 "  Length: 53 cm Height: 4 cm    Wall Mounted Paper Towel Holder

This is the result.




Cool huh?  Imagine a cluttered counter with dishes, paper towel holder, clunky wooden knife block, and dusty little nooks and crannies.  Wish I had a before picture, but this pictures speaks a thousand words.  And, I know.  Don't get all blown away and such with the lack of color beige walls and wood trim.  Change is a coming.  Just focus on the counter...the clean, bare space in front of the wall.  Ahhh.  Breath of fresh air.

***

And now for the printable.  With all this decluttering, I was reminded of a sweet little recipe page that I posted in November of 2010.  I thought it deserved a repost because it fits in perfectly with the desire to tidy up this year and get things organized.  Quickly, let me just share quickly that for Christmas, we gave the Mr.'s Mama a cute binder (from Target of course!) with dividers and clear sleeves, as she was hoping to clean up her recipes and get them all organized.  That kind of thing makes my heart go pitter patter.  Cute school supplies (I love school supplies!!!), organizing, and recipes...just a few of my favorite things.  (Granted, you'd think with a love of organization, I wouldn't need to have made half of my 2011 goals.  But alas, my love of organizing and the follow through don't always join together hand in hand.  What can ya do?!)  Recently, we visited the in-laws in Seattle to watch the Seahawks pull out a miraculous win (I'm not too big of a sports fan, but WOW!!! was that exciting?!) and head to a Husky Basketball game at UW, Cooper's first.  It was a great day...two wins.   While there, I got to take a peek at our Christmas present in action, and after seeing all the progress she had made, I started aching to do a little recipe binder update myself.  I still need to plan it out and buy the goods, but I think anything other than a white binder that is ripping apart should do the trick.   

Free Printable Recipe Page Template
(Courtesy of Domestifluff)


With that said, here is the printable recipe page one more time.  It is just darling, and because it is not seasonal, it could work for any recipe.  The little recipe cards out there sure are cute, but I have a hard time fitting whole recipes on those little suckers.  This page is a great way to share or keep a handwritten recipe without feeling the need to write like I used to when I was studying for a test in college and the professor said we could bring one little notecard of notes for the test.  Tiniest writing ever!  :)

And a little recommendation for ya...I highly suggestion using clear sleeves on your recipes if you put them in a binder.  That way, you can take recipes out to use and enjoy, and as you are cooking, any spills or splatters can simply be wiped away, and your recipe won't be ruined forever!

Okay, well shoot, that was a long one!

Blessings to you,



Linking up with...

  WhisperWood Cottage organizing mission monday Blog Button 
Photobucket NewNostalgia

4 comments:

  1. It's amazing how a few organizational aids and some cheery towels can make such a difference! I was just yesterday attacking some neglected corners of my kitchen, re-organizing, re-evaluating, and so on. It felt so good to get something accomplished!
    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. The small things make a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love decluttering! I've always wondered about those magnetic strips. You've put them to good use in your kitchen. Excited about you whitening those cabinets! We did that a few years ago. Totally transforms the kitchen!! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that knife magnet too. I had that marked down to look at when I was there a couple weeks ago. It is a 2 hr drive for me to get to Ikea... and I ended up running out of time before I found it.
    Thanks for linking up to my Organizing Mission Monday link party

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails