Friday, January 21, 2011

Kitchen Inspiration and Overstock.com 10% Discount to Hallelujahs by Holly Readers

Hey friends!  I am getting so excited at the thought of painting soon and giving my kitchen cabinets a makeover of white.  So stinkin' excited in fact, and I can hardly stand it!!!  Fresh, clean, bright, white, inspiring, clean slate...just a few words that are coming to mind when I think of this project.  I found a few inspiration photos to keep my eyes on the prize.  I love the look and feel of a fresh, bright, neutral foundation with pops of color.  I also think the white in the kitchen will give such a great backdrop to the beautiful colors of food.  I literally can't wait.  The process of painting...cleaning, sanding, priming, painting, drying, and more drying...is not something that makes me giddy, but the after...the finished product...does.  Oh giddy.

What do you think?  Aren't these kitchen spaces b.e.a.-utiful?!  I've really only just begun looking around...and not very far either!







margot4

(All PHOTO SOURCES HERE)

Aren't they all so dreamy and beautiful?  Some of these kitchens have such a quaint lived in and homey feel without feeling messy or old.  Furniture like the rustic wooden table amongst the white makes my heart go pitter patter for sure.  So inviting.   I love the little feminine touches of pink, and the vibrant splashes of green and other colors.  So cheery.  I also love the simple beauty a vase of beautiful flowers or bowl of fruit adds to some of these spaces.  So charming and lovely.

Now, to be fair, I should let you know, we are not planning to spend a million bucks on this little kitchen makeover.  Just a bit of painting really.  I still remain hopeful with grand visions.  :)  We have older appliances, white mind you...not the stainless steel, pretty ugly standard linoleum countertops, and linoleum flooring (heading toward wood somewhat soon...hopefully), but what can ya do?  A girl can dream right?  I don't think those will make for the oooooh and aaaaah factor that some of these kitchens have, but I will be grateful for every little drop of paint that lightens and brightens up my kitchen.  Yahoo!

So, I need to get cracking on doing some research.  Anyone have any tips on painting kitchen cabinets?  Any great tips on picking the perfect white?  I know Heirloom White is a popular one...but for kitchen cabinets too?  Any experts out there?  :)

In addition to some kitchen inspiration, I have a fun little discount offer for ya...as do a few other great blogs out there.  The kind folks at Overstock.com contacted me and asked if I'd be interested in offering you a 10% discount for almost any of the products on Overstock.com.  My response...of course!  Why not?!  Ya never know who is hoping to find a little special something online, and you can never have too many options, right?

Since we are going to be working on the kitchen pretty soon, I took a peek at their Home Lighting and Home Improvement sections.  Have no idea what kind of special little touches we'll be adding to the kitchen after the paint, but it never hurts to look.  I found some fun lighting options for above our kitchen table and chairs (which I'd love to replace fairly close to the painting timeline...would be so nice to have it all feeling completed around the same time) and some possible knobs and pulls for the cabinets.  I still have lots of looking to do, but these are serving as some inspiration for me for the time being.  


Indoor 3-light Black Pendant ChandelierIndoor 4-light Antique Copper Chandelier

Indoor 4-light White Shade Pendant ChandelierHermosa 3-light Adjustable Height Pendant Chandelier



Stainless Steel 11.75-inch Cabinet Pull Bar (Pack of 5)York Cabinet Knobs (Pack of 10)

Just thought this was fun to pass on.  The Overstock.com discount code is 121745, good for 10% off Overstock products (excluding movies, books, and electronics).  This discount code never expires, however, it can only be used once per email address.   Additionally, 202234 is a promotional code for free shipping on electronics.


Blessings to you, and I hope you are 
INSPIRED
to make your life beautiful today!




All the ideas and opinions expressed are my own.  
No monetary compensation was received for doing this post, 
however, I was provided with a discount code.







2 comments:

  1. My advice is to buy an air compressor with a gravity fed spray attacher. This will make the entire look of your kitchen cabinets, MUCH more professional and way easier for you in the scheme of things. Sand down all of your cabinets first, then apply primer, then your paint. Holly from Life in the Fun Lane has a tutorial, you should check it out. LOVE You! Fun project! Wish I could be there to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen is going to be great! And there is nothing wrong with white appliances -- in fact they will just blend with your newly painted cabinets. I've had clients come to me who absolutely HATED their stainless, bought it because HGTV said to, and were going crazy with the fingerprints (or spots if they had a stainless sink). I know a lot of the finishes are supposed to be fingerprint resistant, but take a walk through the appliance store and touch everything, then look at it from different angles to see if you are satisfied that their claims are accurate.
    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails