Monday, January 17, 2011

Inspiration: WHEREVER YOU GO, BRING YOUR OWN SUNSHINE

It's been raining a lot around here.  I mean really raining.  Really, it seems that the rain will never go away actually.  To share a bit, my husband has slowly built up a hate for the rain.  Although he has lived in Washington his whole life, in the Seattle area mind you, he has come to realize that he hates the rain.  Too much, too often for him basically.  For me, it's a bit of a downer too, but it doesn't quite get to me like it does him.  I mean, fall is my favorite season.  There isn't a warm and cozy coat and scarf that I wouldn't adore.  And umbrellas?  Well they are just one of those special little accessories that I love to sport...even if my husband and others seem to think they are a little silly.  And to top it off...the thought of a puddle jumping party?  Kind of makes me giddy.  Don't get me wrong, at this point in the year, I am really starting to look forward to some sunshine.  It's like my body is craving it.  I know it will even help me be a better mom to the Coopster...more motivation to get outside and play!  I think I just take it in stride at this point in my life.  A rainy forecast is nothing out of the ordinary for a day in the Northwest.  Rain you say?  Oh well...life goes on.


VIA

I found this little dose of inspiration, and it was a good reminder for me.  Life is all about attitude and perspective (Thanks Melinda!)  I am to shine His sunshine, His light, everyday, no matter the weather, no matter the circumstance.  Am I going to approach the rain (or insert any other issue that is causing you grief today...your job, your financial situation, your relationship, your sickness, your responsibilities, your anything) with a defeated attitude and a negative perspective?  Or can I claim my life, my every bump and hiccup in the road for God?  He can handle it.  There is a purpose and opportunity to grow in God in every moment of our lives...especially those when it seems to be raining cats and dogs.  God is faithful when we are celebrating, but He is ever faithful and present in the downpours of life as well.  Seek Him.  Try to approach your life with an attitude and perspective of sunshine.  

On a day like today, where it is a bit gloomy outside and the rain continues to drizzle down our windowpanes, I want to take a moment to be grateful for a man that brought his own sunshine.  Thank you Lord for Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.  Thank you for the dignity, leadership, and courage he shared with those of his time and the kindness, wisdom, and faith that he exemplified for all the world to see.  We are all better, for the light that he shined, and we will be forever grateful for his teachings and the life of honor and praise that he lived.

Blessings to you on this day,

1 comment:

  1. I am letting all my followers know about this Giveaway that i am hosting for ITHINKSEW.COM
    They have bags, booties, lady shoes and etc.
    They are all PDF PATTERNS and very easy!.

    Thanks again for following me!!!

    The Tootsie Wootsie

    http://tootsiewootsieboutique.blogspot.com/2011/01/i-think-sew-15-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails