Sunday, November 14, 2010

Turning 2 With Help From Curious George

We had a great time celebrating Cooper's 2nd birthday with much of our dear family!  We kept things very simple, cozy, and tried not to spend much at all.  The only thing he was spoiled with was love!

Thought I'd share a few images from the day...


Balloons and birthday banner (I made) for a cheap, festive punch of color.


I found some great toys at the Goodwill and other thrift stores.  Cooper was thrilled with them!



Curious George's Big Book of Curiosity (Curious George Green Light Reader - Level 1)




I made some invitations using Microsoft word and images I found online.  All the paper, envelopes, and glitter were already in my crafting stash, so this was a great way to save some money.  There are a million images that pop up for Curious George, but now that I'm trying, I can't find where I pulled this image from.  Shoot.


Upon arriving, folks were welcome to dish up a big bowl of chili from the crockpot.  With a few fixings, this was a very inexpensive meal to share with the family.  And on a cool fall day, nothing beats a warm bowl of yum. 



I found this mini red wagon at the thrift store, filled it with cardstock and a pen...
and boom!  Something personal and sentimental for his memory book.  


Cooper thanked everyone with a cheer!



This Melissa and Doug giraffe made its way to the party from my brother and sister in law's house.  He brought it home from his work...for free!  Awesome!  After we enjoy it downstairs for a while, I think it will live in Coop's room.


Cooper loved being sung to.  He held my hand and smiled the whole time.  Precious.  For his birthday dessert, a couple little embellishments and a simple chocolate cake was just right.  We also made some chocolate cupcakes to be sure there was enough cake to go around.




Using some of the paper and supplies I already had on hand, I made some yellow hats to use as decoration and for everyone to wear. Fun, festive, and so easy.  Wouldn't ya know...Cooper was the only one who refused to wear one!  Oh well!  You will also see the yellow hat I made for Halloween this year.  That was a fun addition to the party.

Cooper was saying cheese so intensely that his lips were rigid, and you can barely detect his smile.  I can vouch for the fact that he was having the time of his life!



This boy fills my heart to the brim!
Buddy, God sure smiled on us when He made you!

Happy Birthday Cooper and may God bless you with many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails