Monday, November 15, 2010

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas...Hallelujah!

So the other day as our family was packing up after celebrating Coop's 2nd birthday with us, my sister April asked for a copy of  Josh Groban's Christmas CD, Noel.  She was driving to work the other day and had heard his version of Oh Holy Night on the radio (yes sirree Bob, they are already playing Christmas music on the radio) and mentioned that it just gave her the chills.  Having listened to the CD millions of times, I could see how that might have happened.  (When a song comes at just the right moment and makes your soul sing, bumps are bound to follow.)  We of course obliged, and I highly recommended (pretty much demanded) she listen to number 5 first.  It's Josh's duet with Brian McKnight, Angels We Have Heard On High, and it is glorious.  Cheerful, beautiful....and a perfect beginning to the Christmas music season.  I would highly recommend this song to all of you!

Noel

So anyhoo, when everyone was gone, Brian and I enjoyed the last bit of awake time with Cooper...playing with all of his new presents, snuggling and reading stories, and tucking him in for a good night's sleep.  Then, as we often do after a gathering or party at our house, we each took a load off and just relaxed.  We did not clean up completely, and we did not beat ourselves up about it...we just vegged.  It was lovely.  Brian played some video games with his buddies online, (I know, so nerdy...but I love him...and it's our good buddy from college...and we love him and his wife...and their baby to be...and what can ya do?!  Nerdy video games...I've accepted it...) and I went to the computer to catch up on some blogging and was inspired to listen to a little...wait for it...wait for it...Christmas music!  I totally did.  I couldn't believe I was doing it, but I was, and it just felt so right.  Just talking about it with my Sis got me in the mood.  I was ready.

I loaded up my Christmas playlist in iTunes, put it on random order repeat, and boom...it was beginning to sound a lot like Christmas.  Here are just a few of my favorites...


All I Want For Christmas Is You  The Christmas Collection  These Are Special Times  

The Andy Williams Christmas Album   One Wish: The Holiday Album   White Christmas

Wintersong  My Christmas   Christmas

What A Night! A Christmas Album  White Christmas  Christmas Celebration

The Music of Christmas  Glory in the Highest: Christmas Songs of Worship  Celebrating Christmas (Live)

Joy To The World  Christmas Time With The Judds  

Gloooooo...o-o-o-o-o...o-o-o-o-o...o-o-o-o-oria!  Fa la la la la...la la la la!

Oh my, it was glorious!  Peaceful, joyful, worshipful, inspiring...I sat just soaking it in, singing along, and my soul welling up...loving every moment.  Now it was beginning to feel a lot like Christmas too!

Now before I go too far with this, I know some people are pretty much disgusted at the mention or look of Christmas before Thanksgiving, but you know what?  I'M NOT ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE!!!

I LOVE Christmas!  I wait all year for Christmas.  Sure, I love every season for what it brings to our lives, but the season of Christmas just trumps it all.  I am not dismissing the upcoming joy and festivities of Thanksgiving by any means.  I am so looking forward to being together with my family, eating some delicious food, and sharing a time of gratitude.  But, with that being said, Christmas is on my mind.  It's not the presents.  It's not the commercialized side of Christmas that holds that special place in my heart.  It's what it means, what it does to our souls, what it does in our hearts, how it brings us together, how it inspires us, how it motivates us to give and gather, and how it brings out the best in all of us.  The birth of our Lord and Savior is definitely something worth celebrating all year round, let alone just a tad before Thanksgiving.
  
So I'll end with this,  I was out shopping the other day with my Mama, and we perused the Christmas isle at Target.  Oh how I wait for the day Target busts out their Christmas decor!  We were both giddy and falling in love with every ornament, every colorful, glittery little detail our eyes glanced upon.  It is definitely beginning to look a lot like Christmas...and I love it.

Charlie Brown Christmas Tree - 18"

Consider this my fair warning...from here on out, I will have no shame in sharing Christmas posts.  No shame baby.  :)  Yeah for Christmas, yeah.

Oh and the neighbors across the street...Christmas tree up and lit in their front window.  Wow.  But, I don't mind...I don't mind at all!

Merry Christmas season,

1 comment:

  1. um, yeah, I totally pulled out the Christmas music last week...and i've been listening to it ever since. and i am not ashamed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails