Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Hallelujahs 1st Feature on House of Hepworths..Woo to the Hoo People, Woo to the Hoo!

Yahoo!  Totally made my day.  A post I shared on Hallelujahs by Holly was featured on House of Hepworths today.  So fun.  Check it out (and some other fun ideas)...just click this button!

IhookedupwithHoHlamespice


Each Thursday, this blog has a link party (that's what they say in the blog world where people make or do cool things and link up their blogs to other blogs) to help readers share ideas, show off their creations, make new blog friends, and gain readership.  It's such a great way to connect with other bloggers and creative DIYers out there, not to mention a chance for the however many readers the hosting blog has (HoH has around 900) to possibly take a peak at your blog.  Often times, blogs that blog as a business or have sponsors will join link parties to spark interest in new bloggers, gain new followers or subscribers (in google reader for example), and boost their blog's readership.

Anyhoo, this little ol' blog was featured on the Hooking Up with House of Hepworths Thursday link party.  It may not be a gold medal, but it sure felt like a big ol' pat on the back and thumbs up.  I started this blog in 2008 when the Coopster was born, and it kind of fizzled out a bit when the exhaustion, exhaustion, and exhaustion set in.  Wait, did I mention that I kinda let the blog fizzle out when the exhaustion had set in?  Yeah, well, parents out there might be able to relate, and if not, who are you?  Superman?  Superwoman?  :)

As a new mom that struggled with inconsistent arthritis pain and the daily life balancing acts of having a baby, I had let my creative self (whether it be writing, crafting, painting, gluing, sewing, or tackling any projects really) lie dormant for far too long.  Thankfully, over the past few months, I've slowly been posting more consistently and look forward to blogging more regularly.  It is such a great stress reliever and creative outlet, and well, it just seems to bring me much joy.  Darn tootin', it's about time I got back in this saddle...and boy does it feel good.   Actually, I long for the day when I have time to really plunge into my crafts and projects and just go for it.  Sometimes I find myself thinking, "Ooooh, how many more years until Coop heads to school?!"  And then I catch myself and literally say out loud, "Oh stop Holly; you don't mean that."  And, I'm right.  I won't rush that one.  He's my buddy.  This time can go by in slow motion as far as I'm concerned.

So back to the point of this post!  Last week, I shared my Candle Makeover with Twine and Fall Leaves with the HoH Hook Up party and also got to see some other beautiful creations and great inspirations for future projects.  HoH shared their round up of favorites from last week's link party before hosting this week's party, and my candle makeover was one of them.  The girl "hearts" twine.  Me too girlfriend, me too.

I was just a bit thrilled and wanted to share.  Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Well, YOU just made MY day. I think I giggled a little (a lot) when reading your post. ::BLUSH::

    And I do {heart} twine. I big fat huge LOVE the stuff! Great for candles, and decor balls, and gifts, and everything. ;)

    Keep crafting cool stuff!

    ~Allison @ House of Hepworths

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails