Thursday, November 18, 2010

Favorite Things: Books for Toddler Boys 2 and Under

Little buddies sure are fun to shop for.  Just in case you are gearing up to do some Christmas shopping soon, I thought I would share a few of our favorites...things that have made life with our little buddy through these first two years tons of fun.

Since Cooper was born, we have read to him.  We were very purposeful with reading to him and with him every day and night.  He just loves books, and often times can't get enough.  During my time in the School of Education and as a teacher, I picked up so many books...book fairs, scholastic orders, gifts, and special personal purchases.  I just couldn't be more pleased to share my love for children's literature with my son.

So in that spirit, we'll start with some of our favorite books.  (This might seem like a random mish mash, but in our bookshelves full of books, these are a few that stand out as memorable in Coop's first two years.


Fish Kisses: a bedtime story    Ibaby: Goodnight, Baby   Daddy Cuddles

How Do I Love You    Choo Choo    The Potty Train

The Little Engine That Could    The Huffin Puff Express ( A Golden Tell-A-Tale Book)    The Truck Book (Pictureback(R))   

Where the Wild Things Are Tools  More Spaghetti, I Say! (level 2) (Hello Reader)

From Head to Toe          My Very First Bible      My Thanksgiving Prayer    

A Treasury of Curious George Curious George's Big Book of Curiosity

*Edited 11/19/10 to add more photos of our own!

  

Choo Choo by Petr Horacek (Absolute Favorite)


My Very First Library by Eric Carle





Stay tuned.  Next up is toys!

May your story times be filled with lots of cuddles and sweet moments.  Make those memories, share that love of knowledge and discovery, and help develop curious little readers.

Blessings to you,


Oh, by the way, check out AnaLisa's Top 10 Book List for little buddies too.  Some great classics!

Linking up with The Speckled Dog for Favorite Things Friday and 320 * Sycamore for 2010 Favorite Things Party

[favorite things button[3].jpg]

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love all of these pics of him "reading". Thanks for linking up at The Speckled Dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there anything better than children's books? You've listed many of our favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails