Thursday, September 16, 2010

Organic Cherry Tomatoes



Aren't tomatoes beautiful?  I bought these organic cherry tomatoes about a week ago at the regular grocery store.  They were gorgeous, and I couldn't resist.  Growing up, I was never really a huge fan of tomatoes.  As I've married and begun my own family life, I've found a love and passion for food and cooking, and tomatoes have become one of my favorites.

The cherry tomatoes (that come in beautiful reds, oranges, yellows, and sometimes purples) are such a great pop of color and sweetness to any dish really.  This week, we've enjoyed them in tacos (Wow, what a burst of flavor in comparison to the romas I've been using lately!), amongst lettuce in salads, and alongside cucumber for a fresh bite.  Upon biting them, they give quite the squirt of seeds too!  Cooper enjoyed biting into a few just to watch them shoot out a trail of green seeds!

Just the color of these tomatoes alone gets me so excited for this time of year.  Summer ending and fall beginning!  I am so looking forward to it.  The (don't shoot me) rain and cool weather, the cozy clothes, the scarves, the pies, the traditions, the birthdays, the feeling in the air!  I just love it.  Favorite time of year....leading up to Christmas...my favorite time of year!  He he he.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails