Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Day at the Farm

In my fantasy land, there is nothing like a day at the farm.  I have always had a special place in my heart for farms.  Not sure where it came from.  I have wanted to buy, renovate, and live on a farm, I have wished to own many of the animals you would find on a farm, and I've dreamed of growing and harvesting the abundant produce and fresh milk to consume daily without a trip to the store!  I have wanted to soak in the beautiful fields of hay and majestic sunrises and sunsets, I have longed to sip a cold glass of lemonade on an old, rustic looking picnic table covered with a red and white checked cloth, and I've imagined swinging on a huge rope swing in view of a large wrap around porch with quilts hanging on hooks (for those cool, starry nights) right behind the over-sized rockers.  All the images that the word farm conjures up...I've envisioned them and at some point thought it would be fantastic if they were reality for me.  Living the farm life: what a great opportunity to enjoy some of the simple, everyday beauty God shares with us here on Earth.

Today, we got to go on a little adventure.  We headed to Enumclaw to visit some friends that live on a "farm."  Although it wasn't quite the farm I have always envisioned and longed for, we had the best time and got to share some precious moments with Cooper and my parents.  Chickens, roosters, geese, ducks, rabbits, and sheep (with babies born just a couple weeks ago) all gave us a reason to giggle, run around, and have an impromptu photo shoot.  What a blessing to experience some of the joy and beauty that God provides while spending a day at the farm.




































Linking up to...




4 comments:

  1. Great pictures Holly! Love that little boy! He is so expressive. And by the way, that picture of the 4 roosters in the field is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy. Finally got to have some fun taking pictures and Cooper had lots of room to run around. Are there any fun places in Seattle we could explore?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am LOVING these pictures. What fun! Who lives there? Not like you're going to say on your blog probably but I'm curious. I looks like fun. It was cute how Cooper seemed to be chasing the chickens and you did an excellent job with the photography. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks AnaLisa, it sure was a great time. They are friends of the family, but we didn't know them well. It was fun talking with them and getting to know them a bit more. They have awesome accents, as they are from the Czech Republic. I actually thought of you, as their fence was excellent for being the backdrop for pictures and you had recently mentioned that on your blog. It was fun to attempt some photography while there in a relaxed and playful way.


    Cooper did love chasing the chickens. That was his favorite part. The sheep's eyes were kind of freaky looking, but the lambs were precious.

    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails