Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Our Due Date Has Arrived! Things Are Happening...

Well, today is the day...the day we are due to have our baby boy! Don't necessarily think it will happen today, but that's okay...things are happening...

For the past few days, I have noticed a couple things that signal labor being days or weeks away. That's encouraging just knowing that my body is naturally starting the process of giving birth on it's own. (Warning, I tried not to get too graphic at all, but just know that I am trying to be discreet while describing signs of labor. You may read something that isn't the most entertaining and wonderful.) First, this weekend up through now, I have been losing what they consider the "plug." That's all I'll say about that because no one needs to know the details. Brian gets the heeby geebies when I mention it. :) (Oh man, how will he be during labor? We'll just keep his face right up with me.) Also, my belly really looks lower than it has for most of the pregnancy, signaling that our little guy has been moving down and preparing his way. Over the past few days, I have also been experiencing mild contractions...the kind I had at the doctor's office, didn't realize it, and had to have my doctor tell me I was having a contraction. So things are happening...

Last night, as Brian and I were just hanging out for the evening, I was having more of these contractions, in a shorter period of time. (At least I know when it's happening now, and thankfully, they are not very painful.) My stomach just gets rock hard for a bit and then relaxes. It kind of makes the under side of my belly ache a little, but nothing to complain about. For all the ladies out there, I would describe them as very mild cramps, similar to those during "that time of the month." They were still pretty far apart in the scheme of things, but happening. Brian was getting excited, and we went to bed thinking...wow, this is happening...it may take some time, but this is happening. I had some of the same type of contractions in the middle of the night mixed with some extreme feelings of hunger as well. Eating some crackers that I keep by my bedside helped a little and I was able to fall back asleep. So things are happening...

Today on our due date, I have been lying down and resting because I am exhausted. For the past few weeks, I have been getting really inconsistent sleep, and it is making for one tired pregnant mama. I know that my body is just preparing for what is to come, but that is not making me any less tired. What's tough is that it is just making it really hard to want to get up and be on my feet...maybe do jumping jacks or climb the stairs...anything to get this baby moving along. Soon I will leave the distracting computer and head upstairs to do some light activity...a little laundry, a little cleaning...and maybe more napping. What can I say? I'm tired. I miss Brian when he's at work and always wish he was here, especially during this time of just wanting to be taken care of. There are a few other things that aren't for mentioning, but just make me think that things are happening...

So with it all...exciting! I haven't had any contractions this morning, I'm thinking because I've been able to rest. We will keep everyone updated as things move along...hopefully we will have baby in about a week's time or less. Crazy!

1 comment:

  1. Good news Holly! Hopefully your little man will come soon! I'll be praying for you as you wait...I'd be going nuts...and praying for your labor! You'll be awesome I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails