Sunday, November 9, 2008

Brian, You Are 29! Wow! I Am 40 Weeks Pregnant! Double Wow!

Well, it's hard to believe, but Brian is 29 years old! Happy Birthday to my Brian.  My how time flies. Seems like just yesterday we were two young whipper snappers (he he he) walking down the isle and just beginning our adventures together. We had fun celebrating B's birthday by having family over to our house for dinner and dessert. Alex, AnaLisa, Andrew, and Karin, we missed having you here with us! We had a homemade spaghetti dinner (one of our favorite dinners for family gatherings) with caesar salad and garlic bread, and ended the evening with yummy molten chocolate cake and ice cream. Yummy! That molten chocolate cake recipe is one of our favorites too! Thanks Kathy and Mom for helping me get the last minute prep finished and your help cleaning up after dinner! You sure know how to help a pregnant lady out!  I appreciate you and all you two do as our Mamas! Here are some pictures from the festivities.

Mom and Sydney.

Dad and Rylee.

Sydney helping Brian blow out the candle.

The nieces helping Brian open gifts.

April and Sydney, dancing and doing the robot.

Everyone hanging out.

Mickey and I, both very pregnant!



Brian and his parental units.


Equally hard to believe is the fact that we are 40 weeks pregnant now. We are literally days away! This pregnancy has absolutely flown by, and we just can't believe that the grand day of being parents is so quickly approaching. From my perspective, it seems like it took a whole flipping year forever to get pregnant and then to feel and look pregnant. Now, being in the 40th week of carrying this little man, my body is definitely showing signs of his departure.  So, we are filled with wonder, curiosity, and giddyness...anxiously awaiting every single day to see what happens.

I finally got a couple little stretch marks and was so bummed. It's really not that big of a deal, but making it all the way to the 40th week and then it happening...ahhh man. Oh well! What can ya do? If it means this little man is growing into a healthy boy, then bring on the stretch marks!  Our hospital bags are packed, and Brian just put the carseat in the car. Now is the hard part...waiting!

My due date is this Wednesday, November 12th, and I have a doctor's appointment scheduled for this Thursday. Will I make it to that doctor's appointment? We shall see...stay tuned to find out...

***Edited to announce that NO, I did not make it to my appointment!  Instead, Dr. Song met us at the hospital...to help us welcome Cooper Andrew, born November 13th at 3:14pm.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you!!!!! Did it feel surreal putting the carseat in the car? Reading that gave me goosebumps, remembering when we took Trevin home. It will be so cool.

    Looks like you had fun for Brian's birthday. Your nieces are very cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting here at Hallelujahs. It means so much to me. I read each and every one and am encouraged and inspired by you! I am shouting a big, "Hallelujah!" for your kindness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails